Norman M. Powell Appointed to WGLO Board of Directors
Norman M. Powell of Young Conaway has been appointed to a two-year term on the Board of Directors of the Working Group on Legal Opinions Foundation (WGLO).
WGLO's mission is to bring together all constituencies concerned with giving and receiving legal opinions in order to foster a national opinion perspective, broaden the consensus that exists, and provide a continuing forum for discussion of opinion issues. Twice each year WGLO brings together the heads of Law Firm Opinion Committees, representatives of Bar Associations and other attorney groups as well as representatives of opinion recipients and issuers to discuss current issues confronting the legal opinion bar.
Mr. Powell is a partner in the Delaware law firm of Young Conaway, where he provides guidance and renders legal opinions regarding security interests and all aspects of the laws governing Delaware entities in both domestic and international transactions. He has held leadership positions in the American Bar Association and its Business Law Section for more than a decade, and currently serves as President of the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers. As an elected member of The American Law Institute and an Adviser to the Permanent Editorial Board on the UCC, Mr. Powell participates in various drafting committees under the auspices of The American Law Institute and the Uniform Law Commission.
- ALI member and @ColumbiaLaw Dean Gillian Lester recently delivered the 2019-20 Annual David B. Goodman Lecture at… https://t.co/6HaCPyvW2u@AmLawInstJan 22
- Nancy Kim @CWSL_News recently delivered a talk at @queensulaw. The lecture, “Redefining Consent,” centered on her l… https://t.co/9CrhzDQFZy@AmLawInstJan 21
- Sara Bronin @UConnLaw explores how zoning codes define both the family and the “functional family” on The ALI Advis… https://t.co/bzM6Sj8pTr@AmLawInstJan 16
- Avi Gesser and Molly Clarke @DavisPolkReg share their thoughts on “What the Last Year of Cyber Enforcement Tells Us… https://t.co/MUEGqXY202@AmLawInstJan 13
- Today marks the first day of #SCOTUS oral arguments in 2020. Learn more about what it’s like to argue before the na… https://t.co/TxL8DgQ7JA@AmLawInstJan 13