Patricia Salkin Receives Ruth G. Schapiro Award
Patricia E. Salkin of Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center was presented with the 2016 Ruth G. Schapiro Award on January 29. The award, given by the Committee on Women in the Law of the New York State Bar Association, honors members who have contributed to women's issues through pro bono services, writing, or service to the bar associations or community organizations.
Professor Eileen Kaufman, a fellow Schapiro recipient, stated, "In every aspect of her being, Dean Salkin embodies the attributes enshrined in the Ruth G. Schapiro award. She actively supports women by creating opportunities for their advancement, she plays a leadership role in local, state and national professional organizations and uses those platforms to enhance the status of women in the profession; and she serves as a role model for countless students and faculty and lawyers who benefit from her wise counsel and encouragement. She leads by example and truly embodies the nobility of the profession."
Dean Salkin is currently an Adviser for the Principles of the Law, Government Ethics project.
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26