‘Powers and Duties of a Governor: Principles, Laws, and Lessons from Maine’
Derek P. Langhauser of Maine Maritime Academy and Community Colleges has authored Powers and Duties of a Governor: Principles, Laws, and Lessons from Maine, a book describing varying aspects of governorship in the United States.
From the book’s description:
This book is a comprehensive compendium of the laws that govern and inform the powers and duties of a Governor. It identifies best practices, includes maxims of lessons learned, and is organized to allow for quick reference. Based primarily on Maine law, this book will orient any new Governor, counsel and staff on the conceptual character and practical scope of gubernatorial powers and duties, and the daily tasks of governing.
Derek Langhauser has been chief legal counsel to two Maine Governors, one a Democrat and one a Republican. He has also provided non-partisan counsel to several Maine Attorneys General and a state Senate President, constitutional counsel to a United States Senator, and been a law clerk to two state Supreme Court justices. He is the author or editor of two dozen legal publications, a member of the Council of the American Law Institute, and a Fellow of two national law organizations.
- Effective July 1, Norman M. Powell @YoungConaway will be executive director of @pennlaw's Institute for Law & Econo… https://t.co/cG8hWlHDyP@AmLawInstMar 31
- Ketanji Brown Jackson of #SCOTUS will give the 2023 commencement address at @BU_Law this May.… https://t.co/NKzlgIjpnx@AmLawInstMar 30
- The American Law Institute announces Early Career Scholars: Leah Litman @UMichLaw and Crystal S. Yang @Harvard_Law.… https://t.co/5w6SC60lmr@AmLawInstMar 29
- The spring edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/qZuW19pXbxhttps://t.co/zIB1Nm4Y2W@AmLawInstMar 29
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24