‘Powers and Duties of a Governor: Principles, Laws, and Lessons from Maine’
Derek P. Langhauser of Maine Maritime Academy and Community Colleges has authored Powers and Duties of a Governor: Principles, Laws, and Lessons from Maine, a book describing varying aspects of governorship in the United States.
From the book’s description:
This book is a comprehensive compendium of the laws that govern and inform the powers and duties of a Governor. It identifies best practices, includes maxims of lessons learned, and is organized to allow for quick reference. Based primarily on Maine law, this book will orient any new Governor, counsel and staff on the conceptual character and practical scope of gubernatorial powers and duties, and the daily tasks of governing.
Derek Langhauser has been chief legal counsel to two Maine Governors, one a Democrat and one a Republican. He has also provided non-partisan counsel to several Maine Attorneys General and a state Senate President, constitutional counsel to a United States Senator, and been a law clerk to two state Supreme Court justices. He is the author or editor of two dozen legal publications, a member of the Council of the American Law Institute, and a Fellow of two national law organizations.
- Robert H. Mundheim @ShearmanLaw received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Arizona James E.… https://t.co/YkNyeG5DNC@AmLawInstJun 13
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30