Raphael Lemkin Guardians of the Rule of Law Series
ALI president and director of the Bolch Judicial Institute David F. Levi and Michael P. Scharf of Case Western Reserve University School of Law recently sat down with Benjamin B. Ferencz, the last living Nuremberg Trial prosecutor and an icon in the field of international justice, for the first installment of the Raphael Lemkin Guardians of the Rule of Law Series.
The Raphael Lemkin Rule of Law Guardian series is sponsored by the Bolch Judicial Institute and honors those who have contributed to the preservation and advancement of the rule of law by highlighting their work through interviews, oral histories, and other programs. The program is named for Raphael Lemkin, a Duke Law faculty member who escaped Europe during WWII and through research, advocacy, and teaching developed both the term and the concept of genocide.
Watch the full interview below and learn more about the Lemkin Guardians Series here.
- #SCOTUS cites Restatement Second of Judgments in Pereida v. Wilkins, holding that “certain nonpermanent aliens seek… https://t.co/WQMK0pDtej@AmLawInstMar 5
- Written in collaboration with the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, ALI member @profamandatyler of @BerkeleyLaw has… https://t.co/0ESXqn5Llx@AmLawInstMar 4
- Learn more about our joint project with @ELI_Secretariat, Principles for a Data Economy, on the newly launched webs… https://t.co/qiRCkj6iCL@AmLawInstMar 4
- This Friday, March 5, the @bwln_nyu is hosting its 2021 symposium on Politics, Power, and Women’s Leadership. The e… https://t.co/ZiocMnsyC8@AmLawInstMar 4
- ALI member @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw has written “Autopsy of a Crime Lab: Exposing the Flaws in Forensics.” The… https://t.co/VD0Lq4LNUi@AmLawInstMar 3