RBG: A Special Friend to The ABA
After the passing of U.S. Supreme Court Assoicate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the ABA released a video featuring the 10 women who have served as ABA president speaking about what Ruth Bader Ginsburg meant to them.
“Justice Ginsburg may be the most extraordinary person I’ve ever met,” said former ALI president Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sterling (ABA President 1995-96). “Without her, really, I’m not sure that women in the United States would be where we are today.”
Other ALI members who were featured in the video include:
Martha W. Barnett, Holland & Knight
Hilarie Bass, Bass Institute for Diversity and Inclusion
Linda A. Klein, Baker, Donelson
Carolyn B. Lamm, White & Case
Judy Perry Martinez, Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn (Current ABA President)
Patricia Lee Refo, Snell & Wilmer
Learn more and watch the full video here.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16