RBG: A Special Friend to The ABA
After the passing of U.S. Supreme Court Assoicate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the ABA released a video featuring the 10 women who have served as ABA president speaking about what Ruth Bader Ginsburg meant to them.
“Justice Ginsburg may be the most extraordinary person I’ve ever met,” said former ALI president Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sterling (ABA President 1995-96). “Without her, really, I’m not sure that women in the United States would be where we are today.”
Other ALI members who were featured in the video include:
Martha W. Barnett, Holland & Knight
Hilarie Bass, Bass Institute for Diversity and Inclusion
Linda A. Klein, Baker, Donelson
Carolyn B. Lamm, White & Case
Judy Perry Martinez, Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn (Current ABA President)
Patricia Lee Refo, Snell & Wilmer
Learn more and watch the full video here.
- Paul L. Friedman @DC_Courts will receive the Edwin F. Jaeckle Award, given to an individual who exemplifies the hig… https://t.co/3NwZqqNf90@AmLawInstJan 14
- Brian T. Fitzpatrick @vanderbiltlaw is a 2022 recipient of the Civil Justice Scholarship Award from the Pound Civil… https://t.co/wDeXj45mU9@AmLawInstJan 12
- Restatement of the Law Fourth, The Foreign Relations Law of the United States — Treaties, Jurisdiction, and Soverei… https://t.co/JkGQYnojWr@AmLawInstJan 11
- Deborah Tuerkheimer @NorthwesternLaw has authored ‘Credible, Why We Doubt Accusers and Protect Abusers,’ examining… https://t.co/uI3rhHM3w3@AmLawInstJan 11
- In Tax and Time, On the Use and Misuse of Legal Imagination, Anthony C. Infanti @PittLaw of Law explores how tax la… https://t.co/AmG0dFqbQT@AmLawInstJan 10