Redistricting and Representation
On November 8, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences is hosting a discussion to explore what we know about how Americans vote, how districts are drawn, and how these processes might be improved.
Patti B. Saris, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, will moderate the panel discussion, which includes Jamal Greene of Columbia Law School. The event will take place at the House of the Academy in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
This public program will bring a set of distinct disciplinary perspectives to bear on the discussions around how our current system of electoral districts represents (or fails to represent) Americans and their interests.
Learn more about the event.
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26