Redistricting and Representation
On November 8, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences is hosting a discussion to explore what we know about how Americans vote, how districts are drawn, and how these processes might be improved.
Patti B. Saris, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, will moderate the panel discussion, which includes Jamal Greene of Columbia Law School. The event will take place at the House of the Academy in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
This public program will bring a set of distinct disciplinary perspectives to bear on the discussions around how our current system of electoral districts represents (or fails to represent) Americans and their interests.
Learn more about the event.
- . @UWMadison recently released preliminary findings from the 2019 @AAUniversities Campus Climate Survey on Sexual As… https://t.co/mW4Fwq21S8@AmLawInstOct 23
- In Parkinson v. Bevis, 2019 WL 4266089 (Idaho Sept. 10, 2019), the Supreme Court of Idaho adopts Restatement of the… https://t.co/H0JfTtAxSw@AmLawInstOct 23
- . @ConstitutionCtr and @GWLawReview recently hosted a symposium where federal judges shared how their #SCOTUS clerks… https://t.co/63bAZTGh4w@AmLawInstOct 22
- Nicole A. Saharsky of @Mayer_Brown recently featured on an episode of Legal Speak ( @lawdotcom) where she shared her… https://t.co/dpT3J56E6y@AmLawInstOct 22
- Congratulations to our 50 newly elected members. We are thrilled to welcome this new group who will bring their exp… https://t.co/SroGmh3D00@AmLawInstOct 21