Redistricting and Representation
On November 8, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences is hosting a discussion to explore what we know about how Americans vote, how districts are drawn, and how these processes might be improved.
Patti B. Saris, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, will moderate the panel discussion, which includes Jamal Greene of Columbia Law School. The event will take place at the House of the Academy in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
This public program will bring a set of distinct disciplinary perspectives to bear on the discussions around how our current system of electoral districts represents (or fails to represent) Americans and their interests.
Learn more about the event.
- Make sure to check out what’s happened so far on Season 2 of #ReasonablySpeaking, including special episodes of “Co… https://t.co/8P7XrLkt4G@AmLawInstJul 3
- #TBT to Episode 1 of "Coping with COVID," a series produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw. "How Courts Are… https://t.co/yRxyRs3uIj@AmLawInstJul 2
- ALI Council member Troy McKenzie of @nyulaw was recently honored with a Distinguished Teaching Award. Learn more:… https://t.co/dIH5sntHyp@AmLawInstJul 2
- Now Streaming on #ReasonablySpeaking: “The Plague of Excessive Force - Working Together to Find a Cure” featuring… https://t.co/FGmDlbwvPi@AmLawInstJul 1
- Read remarks from ALI members @ProfMMurray, @barryfriedman1, @eji_org Executive Director Bryan Stevenson,… https://t.co/WjYkz4CR9O@AmLawInstJul 1