Renee Jones and John Coates Appointed to the SEC
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced that Renee M. Jones of Boston College Law School has been appointed Director of the Division of Corporation Finance and John C. Coates IV of Harvard Law School has been named General Counsel. Both appointments are effective June 21.
“I am excited to join the Division of Corporation Finance’s team of experienced and dedicated public servants,” said Jones. “The Division plays an essential role in ensuring investors have the information they need to make informed investment decisions. I will work tirelessly to execute our rules and make sound recommendations that will help the SEC realize its mission.”
Coates, who has been acting as the Division’s Acting Director, said “I am honored to continue to help advance the SEC’s mission to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. During my tenure as Acting Director of Corporation Finance, I experienced firsthand the unwavering commitment of the SEC staff, and I look forward to serving in a new role as the Commission’s General Counsel.”
Read the full announcement here.
- . @BandesSusan of @DePaulLaw was interviewed by @Law360 on her article “Empath and Remote Legal Proceedings” discuss… https://t.co/oB4452EN6H@AmLawInstJul 30
- . @OlatiJ was featured on the final episode of the Defending the Planet podcast by @ColumbiaLaw discussing climate c… https://t.co/YgGaOJZxY7@AmLawInstJul 29
- . @ChrisOdinet was quoted in @MorningConsult on potential consequences for nonbank and fintech mortgage companies as… https://t.co/xYP2kLfTZu@AmLawInstJul 28
- Jane Cutler Greenspan, retired judge of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, discusses Title IX adjudication and reso… https://t.co/x6F7Lmx5vS@AmLawInstJul 27
- . @daniellecitron participated in a discussion with @TheProspect analyzing the different facets of Section 230, a pr… https://t.co/NAxmfwB7em@AmLawInstJul 26