Resnik Awarded Honorary Doctorate of Laws by UCL
Professor Judith Resnik of Yale Law School received an honorary doctorate of laws from UCL Faculty of Laws on July 3. In presenting the Doctor of Laws Honoris Causa (LLD), Professor Dame Hazel Genn described Professor Resnik as “an academic and legal practitioner of outstanding productivity and distinction, whose interests range very widely across constitutionalism, the impact of democracy on government services, court procedure and adjudication, prisons, gender, citizenship and access to justice.”
Professor Resnik is the Arthur Liman Professor of Law at Yale Law School, and the founding director of the Liman Center for Public Interest Law at Yale Law School. She teaches about federalism, procedure, courts, prisons, equality, and citizenship. Her scholarship focuses on the impact of democracy on government services, from courts and prisons to post offices, on the relationships of states to citizens and non-citizens, on the forms and norms of federalism, and on equality and gender.
“Being part of UCL is to be part of a remarkable university whose commitment to inclusion dates from its inception,” said Professor Resnik during her acceptance speech. “UCL was ahead of its peers in welcoming individuals of all religions, in admitting women, and in committing itself to innovative and radical critique. In the current world, this provides shining examples of values to celebrate. I am deeply honored to receive the honorary doctorate.”
To read Professor Resnik’s full bio and learn more about her scholarship, click here.
Read the full oration.
- Learn more about "Extraction: Art on the Edge of the Abyss, Preview of a Glorious Ruckus" by Michael Traynor… https://t.co/m6AD3iVhlw@AmLawInstDec 13
- Our fall project season has come to a close but that doesn’t mean work has stopped. Reporters are still hard at wor… https://t.co/gAP1oqKrYl@AmLawInstDec 13
- Quote from Neil B. Cohen @brooklynlaw at ALI91 upon receiving the Wisdom Award. #WednesdayWisdom Watch a video o… https://t.co/VOVMN9ABbL@AmLawInstDec 12
- Foreign Relations Law Adviser Christopher Whytock @UCILaw discusses International Law, world politics, and more on… https://t.co/aPcBO3vffy@AmLawInstDec 12
- The Winter edition of The ALI Reporter is now available. This issue includes project updates from ALI's fall projec… https://t.co/Kza6smPQCn@AmLawInstDec 12