Resnik Awarded Honorary Doctorate of Laws by UCL
Professor Judith Resnik of Yale Law School received an honorary doctorate of laws from UCL Faculty of Laws on July 3. In presenting the Doctor of Laws Honoris Causa (LLD), Professor Dame Hazel Genn described Professor Resnik as “an academic and legal practitioner of outstanding productivity and distinction, whose interests range very widely across constitutionalism, the impact of democracy on government services, court procedure and adjudication, prisons, gender, citizenship and access to justice.”
Professor Resnik is the Arthur Liman Professor of Law at Yale Law School, and the founding director of the Liman Center for Public Interest Law at Yale Law School. She teaches about federalism, procedure, courts, prisons, equality, and citizenship. Her scholarship focuses on the impact of democracy on government services, from courts and prisons to post offices, on the relationships of states to citizens and non-citizens, on the forms and norms of federalism, and on equality and gender.
“Being part of UCL is to be part of a remarkable university whose commitment to inclusion dates from its inception,” said Professor Resnik during her acceptance speech. “UCL was ahead of its peers in welcoming individuals of all religions, in admitting women, and in committing itself to innovative and radical critique. In the current world, this provides shining examples of values to celebrate. I am deeply honored to receive the honorary doctorate.”
To read Professor Resnik’s full bio and learn more about her scholarship, click here.
Read the full oration.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16