Restatement Third, Conflict of Laws Reporters Lead Symposium
Duke Law School’s Journal of Comparative and International Law will be hosting a two-day symposium, titled “International Conflict of Laws and the Third Restatement,” at the university on November 4 and 5.
From the conference announcement:
“Writing in 2000, Mathias Reimann criticized the Second Restatement of Conflict of Laws for being “largely blind to international concerns.” He argued that since international conflict-of-laws issues have become routine, the next Restatement of Conflict of Laws must be attentive to such issues and that, ideally, it would “come with an implied (or better yet express) warranty that all its principles and rules are fit for international use as well [as for domestic use].” With work on the Third Restatement of Conflict of Laws now underway—and with one of its goals being “to pay greater attention to the international context than the Second Restatement did”—it is time to give careful thought to Professor Reimann’s call for a genuinely international restatement.”
The symposium will feature Restatment of the Law Third, Conflict of Laws Reporter Kermit Roosevelt, III, of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and Associate Reporters Laura Elizabeth Little of Temple University Beasley School of Law and Christopher A. Whytock of the University of California, Irvine School of Law.
Additional event details here.
- . @BandesSusan of @DePaulLaw was interviewed by @Law360 on her article “Empath and Remote Legal Proceedings” discuss… https://t.co/oB4452EN6H@AmLawInstJul 30
- . @OlatiJ was featured on the final episode of the Defending the Planet podcast by @ColumbiaLaw discussing climate c… https://t.co/YgGaOJZxY7@AmLawInstJul 29
- . @ChrisOdinet was quoted in @MorningConsult on potential consequences for nonbank and fintech mortgage companies as… https://t.co/xYP2kLfTZu@AmLawInstJul 28
- Jane Cutler Greenspan, retired judge of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, discusses Title IX adjudication and reso… https://t.co/x6F7Lmx5vS@AmLawInstJul 27
- . @daniellecitron participated in a discussion with @TheProspect analyzing the different facets of Section 230, a pr… https://t.co/NAxmfwB7em@AmLawInstJul 26