Reynoso and Remus Join President-elect Biden’s Senior Staff
President-elect Joe Biden has announced members of his White House senior staff, which includes two ALI members.
Julissa Reynoso will serve as Chief of Staff to Dr. Jill Biden. She is a partner at the law firm of Winston & Strawn. During the Obama-Biden administration, Ms. Reynoso served as U.S. Ambassador to Uruguay and as Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for the Western Hemisphere in the U.S. Department of State, where she developed comprehensive security and rule of law strategies for Central America and the Carribean.
Ms. Reynoso serves on the boards of several nonprofit and advocacy organizations, and was on the faculty of Columbia Law School and Columbia’s School of International and Public Affairs. She serves as trustee for New York-Presbyterian Hospital and for Columbia University, and is on the Board of Directors of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under the Law and the Truman National Security Project. Ms. Reynoso was born in the Dominican Republic, migrated to the United States at the age of seven, and grew up in the Bronx, New York City.
She clerked for Judge Laura Taylor Swain of the Southern District of New York, and is a graduate of Harvard University, the University of Cambridge, and Columbia Law School.
Dana Ann Remus will serve as Counsel to the President. She served as General Counsel of the Biden-Harris Campaign. Prior to that, she was General Counsel of the Obama Foundation and President and Mrs. Obama’s personal office.
During the Obama-Biden administration, Ms. Remus was the Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy Counsel for Ethics. Previously, she was a Professor of Law at the University of North Carolina School of Law, where she specialized in legal and judicial ethics and the regulation of the legal profession.
Ms. Remus clerked for U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr. and Judge Anthony J. Scirica of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and was an associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP. A native of New Hampshire, Remus is a graduate of Harvard College and Yale Law School.
- Now available, “The Cambridge Handbook of International and Comparative Trademark Law,” edited by ALI members… https://t.co/GQZJuge5A0@AmLawInstNov 25
- From @ALI_CLE “Children and the Law: Protecting the Vulnerable in a Time of Crisis.” Featuring Elizabeth Scott,… https://t.co/nfpeJTc4pX@AmLawInstNov 25
- Professor @ailahoss of @TULaw addresses the gap in literature related to Indian law in Indiana her article “Indian… https://t.co/dcHTFHX5X8@AmLawInstNov 25
- Available now on #ReasonablySpeaking, "MDLs Go Mainstream: Mass Torts Today." John Beisner of @SkaddenArps,… https://t.co/dfXrOmVmGr@AmLawInstNov 24
- Coming Soon to #ReasonablySpeaking, “MDLs Go Mainstream: Mass Torts Today.” This episode will cover the nuances of… https://t.co/qWZldhLeDU@AmLawInstNov 23