Risa Goluboff Named to Equal Justice Works Board of Directors
Risa L. Goluboff of UVA Law has joined the Equal Justice Works (EJW) board of directors. EJW is an organization working to bring together law students, lawyers, legal service organizations, and supporters in a network that promotes a lifelong commitment to public service and equal justice.
“I am thrilled to join the Equal Justice Works board of directors,” said Goluboff in the announcement. “EJW’s mission—to bring lasting change to underserved communities by facilitating public service opportunities for lawyers and law students—dovetails beautifully with our mission at Virginia Law, which has been preparing lawyers and leaders for lives of service to our nation and its people for two hundred years. In both roles—as dean here at Virginia and as an EJW board member—I am delighted to continue my commitment to fostering public service within the legal profession and access to justice for all.”
Goluboff is dean of UVA Law, the first woman to serve in that role. She is also the Arnold H. Leon Professor of Law and Professor of History. Her scholarship focuses on American constitutional and civil rights law.
- Effective July 1, Norman M. Powell @YoungConaway will be executive director of @pennlaw's Institute for Law & Econo… https://t.co/cG8hWlHDyP@AmLawInstMar 31
- Ketanji Brown Jackson of #SCOTUS will give the 2023 commencement address at @BU_Law this May.… https://t.co/NKzlgIjpnx@AmLawInstMar 30
- The American Law Institute announces Early Career Scholars: Leah Litman @UMichLaw and Crystal S. Yang @Harvard_Law.… https://t.co/5w6SC60lmr@AmLawInstMar 29
- The spring edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/qZuW19pXbxhttps://t.co/zIB1Nm4Y2W@AmLawInstMar 29
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24