Roberta Cooper Ramo Receives ABA Medal
ALI President Roberta Cooper Ramo was awarded the American Bar Association’s highest honor, the ABA Medal, at the General Assembly of the ABA Annual Meeting in Chicago on August 1, 2015. The ABA Medal is given only in years when the ABA Board of Governors determines a nominee has provided exceptional and distinguished service to the law and the legal profession.
In her speech, President Ramo recounts her career path and pays tribute to the people who mentored and guided her along the way. She also acknowledged lawyers who have helped to forward the American justice system, stating, “American lawyers and our institutions – The American Bar Association, The American Law Institute – have been at the heart of forming our democracy and adapting it so that it works in the constantly and rapidly changing world.”
President Ramo is not only the first woman to serve as president of ALI, but was also the first woman to serve as ABA President in 1995. She is the only person to have led both organizations. In addition, she was elected in 2011 to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, is a member of the American College of Trust and Estate Council, and has been awarded six honorary degrees. President Ramo is also currently a shareholder at Modrall Sperling, where she concentrates her practice in the areas of mediation, arbitration, business law, real estate, probate, and estate planning.
- ALI member Nancy Kim @CWSL_News will be presenting a talk on “Social and Business Problems Created by Ubiquitous Wr… https://t.co/ogsjKTEo5M@AmLawInstDec 6
- #AmericasTownHall continues with ALI member John S. Cooke of the Federal Judicial Center moderating a conversation… https://t.co/RejyFzm3ID@AmLawInstDec 5
- Christopher Slobogin of @vanderbiltlaw and @Laura_K_Donohue of @GeorgetownLaw join @RosenJeffrey for this morning's… https://t.co/ul6MWRNFoz@AmLawInstDec 5
- Today’s #AmericasTownHall discussion at the @ConstitutionCtr, “The Fourth Amendment and Privacy: Historical Perspec… https://t.co/FNNQiY7T9o@AmLawInstDec 5
- ALI member Randy Maniloff of @WhiteandWil recently authored a @WSJ piece in which he discussed several notable NFL… https://t.co/jKodsoZjqv@AmLawInstDec 4