Roberta Cooper Ramo Gives Lecture at The American Academy in Berlin
Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sperling presented a lecture entitled “American Lawyers: Defending Democracy and the Rule of Law” at The American Academy in Berlin on Nov. 6, 2018. The lecture is part of The Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitorship at the American Academy and brings renowned lawyers and diplomats from the U.S. to Germany to exchange views with local thought leaders.
The talk examined the role and obligations of American lawyers in defending the U.S. Constitution during times of discourse. Ms. Ramo discussed the fundamental duty of American Lawyers to protect the democratic process and the independence of the courts. She also spoke to her own experience as a practicing lawyer in the American Southwest, adding valuable perspective from a diverse region less heard from than urban centers such as Washington or New York.
Read more here.
- ALI member Nancy Kim @CWSL_News will be presenting a talk on “Social and Business Problems Created by Ubiquitous Wr… https://t.co/ogsjKTEo5M@AmLawInstDec 6
- #AmericasTownHall continues with ALI member John S. Cooke of the Federal Judicial Center moderating a conversation… https://t.co/RejyFzm3ID@AmLawInstDec 5
- Christopher Slobogin of @vanderbiltlaw and @Laura_K_Donohue of @GeorgetownLaw join @RosenJeffrey for this morning's… https://t.co/ul6MWRNFoz@AmLawInstDec 5
- Today’s #AmericasTownHall discussion at the @ConstitutionCtr, “The Fourth Amendment and Privacy: Historical Perspec… https://t.co/FNNQiY7T9o@AmLawInstDec 5
- ALI member Randy Maniloff of @WhiteandWil recently authored a @WSJ piece in which he discussed several notable NFL… https://t.co/jKodsoZjqv@AmLawInstDec 4