Roberta Cooper Ramo Gives Lecture at The American Academy in Berlin
Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sperling presented a lecture entitled “American Lawyers: Defending Democracy and the Rule of Law” at The American Academy in Berlin on Nov. 6, 2018. The lecture is part of The Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitorship at the American Academy and brings renowned lawyers and diplomats from the U.S. to Germany to exchange views with local thought leaders.
The talk examined the role and obligations of American lawyers in defending the U.S. Constitution during times of discourse. Ms. Ramo discussed the fundamental duty of American Lawyers to protect the democratic process and the independence of the courts. She also spoke to her own experience as a practicing lawyer in the American Southwest, adding valuable perspective from a diverse region less heard from than urban centers such as Washington or New York.
Read more here.
- Student Sexual Misconduct Principles involve sources of law that are in the midst of rapid evolution. Developing ca… https://t.co/69OIQzYkUa@AmLawInstNov 14
- Our Election Administration Principles, available now, could be useful to fights over votes in Florida and Georgia,… https://t.co/rqLeX4I6hq@AmLawInstNov 13
- Colleges and universities face special challenges in designing and implementing procedures to respond to campus sex… https://t.co/PS1qTqKuqj@AmLawInstNov 13
- Edward Foley @Nedfoley, Steven Huefner @OSU_Law, and Kevin Hamilton @PerkinsCoieLLP discuss ALI’s Election Administ… https://t.co/y5pICxSOgf@AmLawInstNov 12
- This week’s project meeting concerns an important topic of current interest: What procedural frameworks should coll… https://t.co/Uh32UKfeGr@AmLawInstNov 12