Roberta Cooper Ramo Gives Lecture at The American Academy in Berlin
Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sperling presented a lecture entitled “American Lawyers: Defending Democracy and the Rule of Law” at The American Academy in Berlin on Nov. 6, 2018. The lecture is part of The Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitorship at the American Academy and brings renowned lawyers and diplomats from the U.S. to Germany to exchange views with local thought leaders.
The talk examined the role and obligations of American lawyers in defending the U.S. Constitution during times of discourse. Ms. Ramo discussed the fundamental duty of American Lawyers to protect the democratic process and the independence of the courts. She also spoke to her own experience as a practicing lawyer in the American Southwest, adding valuable perspective from a diverse region less heard from than urban centers such as Washington or New York.
Read more here.
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30
- Coming soon: The latest episode of #ReasonablySpeaking produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw brings togeth… https://t.co/n1kEuVVjXV@AmLawInstJul 29
- ALI member John G. Browning of @SpencerFane was recently honored by @TXBarCollege with the Patrick A. Nester Outsta… https://t.co/a42awZMDj7@AmLawInstJul 29