Roberta Cooper Ramo Gives Lecture at The American Academy in Berlin
Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sperling presented a lecture entitled “American Lawyers: Defending Democracy and the Rule of Law” at The American Academy in Berlin on Nov. 6, 2018. The lecture is part of The Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitorship at the American Academy and brings renowned lawyers and diplomats from the U.S. to Germany to exchange views with local thought leaders.
The talk examined the role and obligations of American lawyers in defending the U.S. Constitution during times of discourse. Ms. Ramo discussed the fundamental duty of American Lawyers to protect the democratic process and the independence of the courts. She also spoke to her own experience as a practicing lawyer in the American Southwest, adding valuable perspective from a diverse region less heard from than urban centers such as Washington or New York.
Read more here.
- An article for Law360 entitled “Risk Assessment Tools Are Not A Failed ‘Minority Report’” discusses the use of risk… https://t.co/Uvl8loyfUL@AmLawInstAug 16
- In the episode "Creating a Strong Corporate Compliance Program" on #ReasonablySpeaking Ivan Fong @3M and Lori Marti… https://t.co/QSNb5DmRDV@AmLawInstAug 15
- Congratulations to ALI member Judy Martinez @SPSR_Law, who will serve as the 2019-2020 @ABAesq President. Read mo… https://t.co/3WCNXKGS0W@AmLawInstAug 15
- The 5th Cir. recently overturned the Northern District of Texas with strong language supporting ICWA. Read more abo… https://t.co/kbAc2CaFXb@AmLawInstAug 15
- Listen now to “Protecting Children in Criminal Procedures” on #ReasonablySpeaking featuring Marsha Levick… https://t.co/3YaaPICf1Y@AmLawInstAug 14