Roberta Cooper Ramo Gives Lecture at The American Academy in Berlin
Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sperling presented a lecture entitled “American Lawyers: Defending Democracy and the Rule of Law” at The American Academy in Berlin on Nov. 6, 2018. The lecture is part of The Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitorship at the American Academy and brings renowned lawyers and diplomats from the U.S. to Germany to exchange views with local thought leaders.
The talk examined the role and obligations of American lawyers in defending the U.S. Constitution during times of discourse. Ms. Ramo discussed the fundamental duty of American Lawyers to protect the democratic process and the independence of the courts. She also spoke to her own experience as a practicing lawyer in the American Southwest, adding valuable perspective from a diverse region less heard from than urban centers such as Washington or New York.
Read more here.
- How do Principles of the Law differ from Restatements of the Law? Learn the answer to this and other common questio… https://t.co/8OF8H3eCkT@AmLawInstMar 18
- Now Available: Principles of the Law, Election Administration. @Nedfoleyhttps://t.co/CYjH8moQMchttps://t.co/5I4dqRPSJE@AmLawInstMar 16
- On this day in 1892, NY unveiled its automatic ballot booth (voting machine). Since then, much has changed in the w… https://t.co/8RjzPm4Mj0@AmLawInstMar 15
- Our newest episode of #Reasonably Speaking, “Protecting Children in Criminal Procedures,” takes an in-depth look at… https://t.co/CvnrBlIk5k@AmLawInstMar 15
- #TBT to Episode 2 of #ReasonablySpeaking where Christine Durham, Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sperling &… https://t.co/XbqA597bjb@AmLawInstMar 14