Robin Feldman Wins Goldberg Memorial Lecture Award
Robin C. Feldman of the University of California, Hastings College of the Law has been honored with the 2020 Leon I. Goldberg Memorial Lecture Award by the University of Chicago’s Committee on Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics for her work in pharmaceutical policy and law.
The award was established in 1998 to recognize a practicing physician whose career demonstrates excellence in clinical research, patient care, or education, related to medical lasers. It is given in memory of the many contributions of Leon Goldman, MD, the “Father of Laser Medicine.” Professor Feldman is the first person from outside the field of medicine to receive the award.
“I’m honored to have been selected for the Memorial Lecture Award honoring Dr. Goldberg,” Professor Feldman said. “It’s affirming to see his legacy in groundbreaking medical discoveries also honoring the critical role that policy and patent law play in delivering life-saving drugs.”
Professor Feldman has published extensively about the strategies that drug companies use to extend patent and non-patent protections for drugs. Known as “evergreening,” the strategies contribute to the high price of drugs, block competition, and interact with health insurance reimbursement in ways that restrict patient access to drugs.
Learn more here.
- Don't miss this important conversation with ALI member @rickhasen, today @ 5pm ET. https://t.co/TNvW79KnS0@AmLawInstJan 19
- ALI member @DanielSolove of @gwlaw has written “The Eyemonger,” a newly illustrated children’s book that discusses… https://t.co/vX0iK1MoYK@AmLawInstJan 15
- #ICYMI – "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward," is now available on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this timely episode sc… https://t.co/jK7Q4mtF29@AmLawInstJan 15
- Now on #ReasonablySpeaking, "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward." From the new series, #BeyondCOVID, jointly prod… https://t.co/XeLJWgbWiS@AmLawInstJan 14
- Make sure to check out this special edition honoring ALI Council member Diane P. Wood of the U.S. Court of Appeals… https://t.co/0gs41NHlwC@AmLawInstJan 13