Sharon Stern Gerstman Appointed to New York Public Ethics Commission
New York Governor Kathy Hochul has appointed Sharon Stern Gerstman of Magavern Magavern Grimm to the state’s Joint Commission on Public Ethics.
Sharon Stern Gerstman is counsel to the Buffalo, New York law firm of Magavern Magavern Grimm LLP. She concentrates in the areas of mediation and arbitration, litigation and appellate practice. Ms. Gerstman was President of the New York State Bar Association in 2017-2018, has served on the Board of Governors of the American Bar Association and continues to serve in its House of Delegates. She is a past director of the Bar Association of Erie County and a past president of the Erie County Bar Foundation and of the Women Lawyers of Western New York. She has received numerous awards from various bar associations and is a life fellow of the American Bar Foundation and of the New York State Bar Foundation. She is also an elected member of the American Law Institute. She has taught in the law schools of University of Toledo, University of Missouri-Kansas City, and University at Buffalo, where she taught New York Practice for 30 years. She is the author of numerous law review articles, is a co-author of New York Civil Practice (James Publishing), and is on the editorial board of Weinstein Korn and Miller, New York Civil Practice: CPLR. In addition to law school teaching, Ms. Gerstman's professional experience includes 29 years of service as Court Attorney/Referee and Principal Law Clerk in New York State Supreme Court, where her primary responsibility was mediating civil cases to settlement. Ms. Gerstman received her bachelor's degree from Brown University, her juris doctorate from the University of Pittsburgh, and her master's in law from Yale Law School.
- Linda Greenhouse @YaleLawSch has published ‘Justice on the Brink’ analyzing the changes in #SCOTUS from the 2019-20… https://t.co/MjwhXyHBeV@AmLawInstDec 1
- Sudha Setty @WNEULaw has been elected to serve on the @ABAesq Legal Education Police Practices Consortium Advisory… https://t.co/A8PD9k3BJJ@AmLawInstNov 30
- ALI Director Richard L. Revesz tops the list of most cited tenured law faculty in the U.S. in the areas of administ… https://t.co/s7MxPBvNcQ@AmLawInstNov 24
- Last week marked the end of our fall project meeting season, with 8 Restatement and Principles project meetings and… https://t.co/kwI93vNC0a@AmLawInstNov 23
- ALI President David F. Levi has announced his retirement from director of @BolchJudicial at Duke Law School, effect… https://t.co/k8oAq4PggF@AmLawInstNov 23