Sheila Birnbaum Named NYU Law Alumna of the Year
NYU School of Law’s 2018 Alumna of the Year award will be presented to Sheila L. Birnbaum, ALI Council Emeritus and partner at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan at a special reception commemorating more than 125 years of women at NYU Law. The February 2018 event is hosted by the Birnbaum Women’s Leadership Network (WLN), Law Women, and the Women of Color Collective.
The WLN was founded in 2017 by Ms. Birnbaum and Jeannie Forrest as a way to understand and address the ways in which gender impacts the legal community. Its mission is to identify obstacles to women’s advancement in law school and in the practice of law and implement innovative, evidence-based methods to address them.
- Learn more about "Extraction: Art on the Edge of the Abyss, Preview of a Glorious Ruckus" by Michael Traynor… https://t.co/m6AD3iVhlw@AmLawInstDec 13
- Our fall project season has come to a close but that doesn’t mean work has stopped. Reporters are still hard at wor… https://t.co/gAP1oqKrYl@AmLawInstDec 13
- Quote from Neil B. Cohen @brooklynlaw at ALI91 upon receiving the Wisdom Award. #WednesdayWisdom Watch a video o… https://t.co/VOVMN9ABbL@AmLawInstDec 12
- Foreign Relations Law Adviser Christopher Whytock @UCILaw discusses International Law, world politics, and more on… https://t.co/aPcBO3vffy@AmLawInstDec 12
- The Winter edition of The ALI Reporter is now available. This issue includes project updates from ALI's fall projec… https://t.co/Kza6smPQCn@AmLawInstDec 12