Sheila Birnbaum Named NYU Law Alumna of the Year
NYU School of Law’s 2018 Alumna of the Year award will be presented to Sheila L. Birnbaum, ALI Council Emeritus and partner at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan at a special reception commemorating more than 125 years of women at NYU Law. The February 2018 event is hosted by the Birnbaum Women’s Leadership Network (WLN), Law Women, and the Women of Color Collective.
The WLN was founded in 2017 by Ms. Birnbaum and Jeannie Forrest as a way to understand and address the ways in which gender impacts the legal community. Its mission is to identify obstacles to women’s advancement in law school and in the practice of law and implement innovative, evidence-based methods to address them.
- Richard Briffault @ColumbiaLaw Reporter for ALI’s Government Ethics Principles project, addresses the principles th… https://t.co/PHPs08605A@AmLawInstMar 15
- Kenneth Frazier Featured in the New York Times https://t.co/84lCLg6zQo@AmLawInstMar 15
- . @ucilaw Professor Michele Goodwin receives Sandra Day O'Connor Legacy Award. https://t.co/qjxGnmXfyx@AmLawInstMar 13
- American Indian Law Reporter @DrummondWoodsum Kaighn Smith Jr. discusses Tribal Entities and Sovereign Immuity Watc… https://t.co/lBq5pL7lQr@AmLawInstMar 12
- Sick and Aging Prisoners: A Look Into Compassionate Release - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/TrBkUDAn0N@AmLawInstMar 9