Sheila Birnbaum Named NYU Law Alumna of the Year
NYU School of Law’s 2018 Alumna of the Year award will be presented to Sheila L. Birnbaum, ALI Council Emeritus and partner at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan at a special reception commemorating more than 125 years of women at NYU Law. The February 2018 event is hosted by the Birnbaum Women’s Leadership Network (WLN), Law Women, and the Women of Color Collective.
The WLN was founded in 2017 by Ms. Birnbaum and Jeannie Forrest as a way to understand and address the ways in which gender impacts the legal community. Its mission is to identify obstacles to women’s advancement in law school and in the practice of law and implement innovative, evidence-based methods to address them.
- Christopher Drahozal @kuLawschool lays out grounds for vacatur of U.S. Convention awards at today’s… https://t.co/j3o7wFKahG@AmLawInstNov 20
- NY Arbitration Week begins with a program on Restatement of Int’l Commercial and Investor-State Arbitration… https://t.co/KMIjXA61Fg@AmLawInstNov 20
- Children and the Law Reporter Elizabeth Scott of @ColumbiaLaw and Associate Reporter Clare Huntington of… https://t.co/7cQyN5uW9R@AmLawInstNov 18
- Children and the Law Reporter Elizabeth Scott of @ColumbiaLaw and Associate Reporter Clare Huntington of… https://t.co/SHUTQadnPY@AmLawInstNov 18
- ALI member Judge Richard Gergel recently sat down with ALI President David F. Levi of @DukeLaw to discuss his book… https://t.co/xzWDLwDmFP@AmLawInstNov 18