Sheila Birnbaum Named NYU Law Alumna of the Year
NYU School of Law’s 2018 Alumna of the Year award will be presented to Sheila L. Birnbaum, ALI Council Emeritus and partner at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan at a special reception commemorating more than 125 years of women at NYU Law. The February 2018 event is hosted by the Birnbaum Women’s Leadership Network (WLN), Law Women, and the Women of Color Collective.
The WLN was founded in 2017 by Ms. Birnbaum and Jeannie Forrest as a way to understand and address the ways in which gender impacts the legal community. Its mission is to identify obstacles to women’s advancement in law school and in the practice of law and implement innovative, evidence-based methods to address them.
- All ALI members and amazing leaders in the law school community. https://t.co/a7xpepkqmr@AmLawInstAug 3
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30
- Coming soon: The latest episode of #ReasonablySpeaking produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw brings togeth… https://t.co/n1kEuVVjXV@AmLawInstJul 29