Sheila Birnbaum Named NYU Law Alumna of the Year
NYU School of Law’s 2018 Alumna of the Year award will be presented to Sheila L. Birnbaum, ALI Council Emeritus and partner at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan at a special reception commemorating more than 125 years of women at NYU Law. The February 2018 event is hosted by the Birnbaum Women’s Leadership Network (WLN), Law Women, and the Women of Color Collective.
The WLN was founded in 2017 by Ms. Birnbaum and Jeannie Forrest as a way to understand and address the ways in which gender impacts the legal community. Its mission is to identify obstacles to women’s advancement in law school and in the practice of law and implement innovative, evidence-based methods to address them.
- Charitable Nonprofits project is in session. Project participants discuss solicitation, restrictions on charitable… https://t.co/BxZCnnarZu@AmLawInstSep 21
- Watch “ALI’s Drafting Process Educating the Next Generation of Lawyers” @jill_horwitz@UCLA_Lawhttps://t.co/Qn3udmOcQp@AmLawInstSep 20
- A quote from our 1st Director, William Draper Lewis: “The preparation of an adequate Restatement of any Subject is… https://t.co/yhc5syWNMO@AmLawInstSep 20
- Read "Decarceration Strategies: How 5 States Achieved Substantial Prison Population Reductions" on The ALI Adviser https://t.co/J0x0h6jiXt@AmLawInstSep 20
- As we continue our project meetings this fall we want to share some information about the important work that takes… https://t.co/7faFKELh4T@AmLawInstSep 19