Sitkoff Appointed to Chair ULC Drafting Committee
Robert H. Sitkoff of Harvard Law School has been appointed chair of the Uniform Law Commission’s (ULC) drafting committee for an Act on Conflict of Laws in Trusts and Estates.
Established in 1892, the ULC provides states with models for nonpartisan legislation that brings clarity and stability to critical areas of state statutory law. Among the commission’s many contributions are the Uniform Commercial Code, a joint venture with The American Law Institute, the Uniform Probate Code, and the Uniform Trust Code.
Professor Sitkoff will chair the ULC committee tasked with drafting a uniform law to address the problems of conflict of laws in trusts and estates. The committee is likely to address trusts, wills, will substitutes, intestacy, estate administration, fiduciary powers and duties, powers of appointments, powers of attorneys, jurisdictional claims, and statutes of limitations.
Professor Sitkoff is an expert in wills, trusts, estates, and fiduciary administration. He was elected to ALI in 2007 and was elected to the Council in 2012. He serves as an Adviser to Restatement of the Law, Charitable Nonprofit Organizations and Restatement of the Law Third, Conflict of Laws. Additionally, he serves as a Massachusetts Commissioner for the Uniform Law Commission.
Learn more here.
- . @BandesSusan of @DePaulLaw was interviewed by @Law360 on her article “Empath and Remote Legal Proceedings” discuss… https://t.co/oB4452EN6H@AmLawInstJul 30
- . @OlatiJ was featured on the final episode of the Defending the Planet podcast by @ColumbiaLaw discussing climate c… https://t.co/YgGaOJZxY7@AmLawInstJul 29
- . @ChrisOdinet was quoted in @MorningConsult on potential consequences for nonbank and fintech mortgage companies as… https://t.co/xYP2kLfTZu@AmLawInstJul 28
- Jane Cutler Greenspan, retired judge of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, discusses Title IX adjudication and reso… https://t.co/x6F7Lmx5vS@AmLawInstJul 27
- . @daniellecitron participated in a discussion with @TheProspect analyzing the different facets of Section 230, a pr… https://t.co/NAxmfwB7em@AmLawInstJul 26