Suk Delivers “Last Lecture”
ALI Member and Harvard Law School Professor Jeanne Suk took part in Harvard Law School’s “Last Lecture Series.” The series, which is organized by the Class Marshals, asks Harvard Law School professors to give lectures addressing the graduating class. This year’s series also featured ALI Council member Robert H. Sitkoff.
Professor Suk reflected on her own life and the path that brought her to legal education. She encouraged students to challenge the law and change the world.
“A school is the foundation for society, its practices and its norms, and its aspirations,” Suk said. “In the classroom, I have tried to teach you the awesome responsibility and power you will have as some of the most influential legal actors in the world. You are people who will change our world, who will evolve the way we think and change this world’s future.”
Professor Suk serves as an Adviser the Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault and Related Offenses project and is an MCG member on ALI’s Project on Sexual & Gender-Based Misconduct on Campus: Procedural Frameworks and Analysis, Principles of the Law, Police Investigations, Principles of the Law, Data Privacy Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Intentional Torts to Persons, and Restatement of the Law, Copyright.
- All ALI members and amazing leaders in the law school community. https://t.co/a7xpepkqmr@AmLawInstAug 3
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30
- Coming soon: The latest episode of #ReasonablySpeaking produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw brings togeth… https://t.co/n1kEuVVjXV@AmLawInstJul 29