Susan Garsh Presented with 2019 Haskell Cohn Award
E. Susan Garsh, Retired Justice of the Massachusetts Superior Court, received the 2019 Haskell Cohn Award for Distinguished Judicial Service on July 10, presented by the Boston Bar Association (BBA).
Established in 1975 and endowed by Mintz Levin in honor of the 50th anniversary of Haskell Cohn’s admission to the bar, the Haskell Cohn Award is presented to a member of the Massachusetts Judiciary, or a resident of Massachusetts who is a member of the federal judiciary, who has distinguished himself/herself in a manner that calls for special recognition.
In recognizing Judge Garsh’s tenure on the bench, BBA President Jon Albano said, “She was dedicated to doing justice to all who came before her with an unwavering commitment to fairly applying the law in an intellectually rigorous, honest and practical manner. Her work and her legacy are an inspiration to lawyers and judges.”
Read more here.
- #TBT to last spring's Policing Principles project meeting with Reporter Barry Friedman, and project participants Sh… https://t.co/9yokqfxjEL@AmLawInstAug 22
- Listen now to “American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this episode Indian Law… https://t.co/E7PbjjsNqO@AmLawInstAug 21
- On August 19, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed AB 392 into law, enacting one of the strongest use-of-force l… https://t.co/d1q259bKDO@AmLawInstAug 21
- ALI member and former Solicitor General Michael Dreeben responds to a series of @SCOTUSblog tributes honoring his d… https://t.co/zFTpPGoiyC@AmLawInstAug 20
- ALI Director Richard L. Revesz addresses the role of Restatements in the Summer Edition of The ALI Reporter. Read… https://t.co/SEjnFVbx7X@AmLawInstAug 20