Thomas Gallanis Delivers the 2019 Amakasu Lectures
Thomas P. Gallanis of the University of Iowa delivered the 2019 Amakasu Lectures in Trust Law on November 25 and 28 in Tokyo. Professor Gallanis served as Associate Reporter for the Restatement Third of Trusts.
The Amakasu Lectures bring world-leading scholars to Tokyo to deliver lectures on trust law. The lectures are funded by the Amakasu Charitable Trust, which was founded on an endowment from the Mitsubishi Trust and Banking Corporation. ALI member John H. Langbein of Yale Law School (Retired) was a former Amakasu Lecturer.
The November 25 lecture by Professor Gallanis was titled “The Restatement Third of Trusts: Major Themes and New Directions” and was held at the headquarters of the Trust Companies Association of Japan. This lecture will be published in Japanese in the Association’s quarterly journal.
The November 28 lecture was titled “Uniform Trust Law Beyond the Uniform Trust Code” and was held at Chuo University. This lecture will be published in Japanese in the Chuo Law Review.
Professor Gallanis’ host was Dean Makoto Arai of the Graduate School of Law of Chuo University.
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20