UH Mānoa Honors Richard Clifton
U.S. Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit Judge Richard R. Clifton was honored at Hawai’i University Mānoa’s commencement ceremony.
Judge Clifton was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters by the University of Hawai’i Board of Regents during UH Mānoa’s spring commencement. The degree recognizes Judge Clifton’s distinguished public service as a jurist, exemplifying the highest ideals of professionalism, integrity and commitment to the well-being of the people of Hawai’i and beyond.
Judge Clifton was nominated to the U.S. Court of Appeals in June 2001 by President George W. Bush and was confirmed in July 2002. He is the second resident of Hawai’i appointed to serve on the 9th Circuit Court.
- Elizabeth Cabraser Named Lead Counsel of Fiat Chrysler https://t.co/iD0LrORvkX@AmLawInstJun 23
- Commercial Court upholds right of insurer to avoid policy for misrepresentation and non-disclosure - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/djOEwYowbH@AmLawInstJun 20
- Barry Barnett 2017 Lawyer of the Year https://t.co/oPjnwwliRL@AmLawInstJun 16
- Establishing Best Practices for Stop Data Collection - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/ddYqYmXwuM@AmLawInstJun 16
- Jurisdiction in the Fourth Restatement of Foreign Relations Law - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/10lFWuKDdd@AmLawInstJun 16