Upcoming Symposium on Restatement of the Law, the Law of American Indians
On November 5 and 6, Wisconsin Law Review will gather the nation’s top experts, judges, practitioners, and tribal leaders to host its 2021 symposium on the Restatement of the Law, the Law of American Indians. Co-sponsored by The American Law Institute, the symposium seeks to provide a transparent and open forum for local, state, and national academics, practitioners, law professors and students, and non-legal parties to engage in an informative and substantive discussion of federal Indian law, its component practice areas, and the future impact of the Restatement on the American Indian law practice.
The event will include five sessions structured around the chapters of the Restatement including: (1) The federal-tribal relationship, (2) State powers and the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, (3) tribal powers (4) tribal criminal law and jurisdiction, and (5) tribal country resources and economics.
Former Justice of the Cherokee Supreme Court, Stacy Leeds of Arizona State University Law School will deliver the Keynote address. The event will also feature presentations by Restatement Reporter and WLR Symposium Chair, Matthew L.M. Fletcher of MSU Law, and Associate Reporters Wenona T. Singel of MSU Law and Kaighn Smith Jr. of Drummond Woodsum LLP.
Registration is free and open to the public. CLE credits are available pending in Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Learn more and register in-person or virtually for the event here.
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20