Vicki L. Been to Receive the 2021 Brigham-Kanner Property Rights Prize
The William and Mary Law School Property Rights Project will award Vicki L. Been the 2021 Brigham-Kanner Property Rights Prize. Been will be honored during the 18th annual Brigham-Kanner Property Rights Conference, held on September 30-October 1.
“Professor Been joins our past prize recipients who have contributed so greatly to our understanding of the civil right of ownership in private property,” said Andrew Prince Brigham, managing partner and owner of the Brigham Property Rights Law Firm, PLLC, in Jacksonville, Florida, and a member of the Brigham-Kanner Conference Coordination Committee. “Her work with Bob Ellickson and others has made basic land use concepts accessible to law students. Her collaborative casebooks continue to help shape property law by instructing future practitioners.”
The Brigham-Kanner Property Rights Prize is named in honor of the lifetime contributions to property rights of Toby Prince Brigham, founding partner of Brigham Moore, LLP, and Gideon Kanner, professor of law emeritus at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.
Been has served as New York City's Deputy Mayor for Housing and Economic Development since 2019. In her role, she oversees the work of over 20 agencies, including the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation. She served as the Commissioner of the Department of Housing Preservation and Development from 2014 to 2017.
- Today’s final #ALI2021 session is Policing, a project working to develop best practices for issues concerning polic… https://t.co/IIfr0szhdW@AmLawInstMay 18
- ALI membership votes to approve Restatement Third of Torts: Intentional Torts to Persons at #ALI2021, marking the c… https://t.co/5sI5OPJQ0X@AmLawInstMay 18
- Second project of Day 2 of the #ALI2021 Annual Meeting is Intentional Torts to Persons. This podcast episode of… https://t.co/ndELefW5Hq@AmLawInstMay 18
- ALI membership votes to approve Principles for a Data Economy at the #ALI2021 virtual Annual Meeting, marking the c… https://t.co/i7xuJxHUDr@AmLawInstMay 18
- Day 2 of #ALI2021 Annual Meeting begins with Data Economy, a joint project with @ELI_Secretariat. See how Reporter… https://t.co/eBQRylyMpv@AmLawInstMay 18