Vikram David Amar Named Dean of University of Illinois College of Law
ALI member Vikram David Amar, 52, a constitutional law expert and senior associate dean for academic affairs at the University of California-Davis School of Law, was announced as the next dean and Iwan Foundation Professor of Law at the University of Illinois College of Law
Provost Ilesanmi Adesida said Professor Amar was the clear choice, telling the News-Gazette, "His vision of a college recognized for its cutting-edge scholarship and for close connections to the profession and society in which its graduates will serve is one that aligns perfectly with the land-grant values of this university. He understands the challenges of providing world-class legal educational and professional experiences to our students while ensuring that those experiences remain affordable and accessible."
Read the full article in The News-Gazette.
- ALI member Frank Sullivan Jr. of @IUMcKinney was interviewed in the February 2020 issue of The Judge’s Journal, a q… https://t.co/S04avA3HZc@AmLawInstFeb 27
- ALI member and Associate Reporter for the Policing Principles project @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw shares his thoug… https://t.co/tF55msZS5p@AmLawInstFeb 26
- Congratulations to ALI member Dayna Bowen Matthew of @UVALaw on being named the next dean of @gwlaw.… https://t.co/4kN8TkGtEe@AmLawInstFeb 25
- The D.C. Cir. cites Restatements Third and Fourth of U.S. Foreign Relations Law in United States v. Garcia Sota, a… https://t.co/ddxNpJRKfU@AmLawInstFeb 24
- . @ABFResearch has established the William C. Hubbard Law & Education Conference Endowment which will fund conferenc… https://t.co/kUdiMJOnXY@AmLawInstFeb 24