Vincent Rougeau Named President of College of the Holy Cross
The College of the Holy Cross has named Vincent D. Rougeau its 33rd president, effective July 1. Professor Rougeau is the first lay and first Black president in the history of the College.
“I am thrilled to be joining the Holy Cross community as its new president,” said Professor Rougeau. “I have long admired the College for its academic excellence, its talented students and accomplished alumni, its dedicated faculty and staff and its unique place as our nation’s only Jesuit, Catholic liberal arts college. Our current moment in history cries out for the mission-driven education that Holy Cross provides, and I am very excited about what this community can accomplish in the years ahead.”
Professor Rougeau has been Dean of the Boston College Law School since 2011. During his tenure, he has led a reorganization in leadership structure to support a more holistic approach to student services, expand the school’s national and international recruitment of a diverse student body, and enhance the school’s commitment to experiential learning and global engagement. He was recently named the inaugural director of the new Boston College Forum on Racial Justice in America, a meeting place for listening, dialogue, and greater understanding about race and racism in our country. Prior to his role at Boston College, he was a tenured professor of law at Notre Dame Law School and served as its Associate Dean for Academic Affairs from 1999-2002.
Learn more here.
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16
- ALI Council member Ketanji Brown Jackson has been confirmed by the Senate to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C.… https://t.co/6zcuQyDffx@AmLawInstJun 15
- Anton Hajjar was confirmed by the Senate to serve on the Postal Board of Governors, marking a full complement of go… https://t.co/znWUH9ZMY9@AmLawInstJun 14
- Linda Sheryl Greene is @UMichLaw’s new dean and MSU Foundation Professor of Law. https://t.co/uNExhBZVfmhttps://t.co/Sak9BzqSxD@AmLawInstJun 11
- This week marked the close of #ALI2021 Annual Meeting. #TBT to “Completing an ALI Project: Lessons from Reporters”… https://t.co/cG6Da7LQqH@AmLawInstJun 10