Willam Hubbard New Dean of UofSC School of Law
ALI Council member William C. Hubbard of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough has been named the new dean of the University of South Carolina School of Law, effective Aug. 1.
Mr. Hubbard served as the president of the American Bar Association from 2014-2015, past president of both the American Bar Endowment and the American Bar Foundation, and currently serves as chair of the board of directors of The World Justice Project. A longtime supporter of the university, he has served as a member of its Board of Trustees since 1986 and as chair from 1996-2000. Hubbard received the Order of the Palmetto in 2002, the state’s highest civilian recognition awarded for service to the state of South Carolina.
“I am truly humbled to have the opportunity to work with the law school family, as well as our external stakeholders to bring additional support to the law school,” Mr. Hubbard said. “I am most excited to be able to work with our students to ensure they have the tools to continue to develop their advocacy skills, respect for the rule of law, and passion for justice. These students will be South Carolina’s leaders of tomorrow. I will do everything I can to help them reach their full potential as lawyers and citizens.”
Read more here.
- #FBF – In this video Reporter Henry Smith, along with Associate Reporters John Goldberg @Harvard_Law, Thomas Merril… https://t.co/es4ZEkiAE4@AmLawInstJul 10
- #FBF – In this video Reporter Henry Smith, along with Associate Reporters John Goldberg @Harvard_Law, Thomas Merril… https://t.co/1EW5BQR1OS@AmLawInstJul 10
- ALI member @NaomiCahn, an influential scholar in the field of family law, trusts and estates, and feminist jurispru… https://t.co/EHSmDfyIqz@AmLawInstJul 10
- #TBT to “Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation.” This episode brings togethe… https://t.co/ZAqjetKAWF@AmLawInstJul 9
- ALI members @ProfMMurray of @nyulaw, @UVALaw Dean @RisaGoluboff, & Judge Jenny Rivera of the New York State Court o… https://t.co/JupM2RlhLY@AmLawInstJul 8