William R. Bay Receives Spurgeon Smithson Award From Missouri Bar
William R. Bay, a partner with Thompson Coburn LLP in St. Louis, was recently presented with the prestigious Spurgeon Smithson Award from the Missouri Bar Foundation. The honor is one of the top awards given by The Missouri Bar. Established in 1976, it is presented to lawyers and judges who have rendered outstanding service toward the increase and diffusion of justice.
Bill was recognized for his work in chairing three newly created Commissions and Task Forces of the Supreme Court of Missouri over the last five years. These are the Commission on Women in the Profession, the Joint Task Force on the Future of the Profession and the Commission on Racial and Ethnic Fairness, which he currently co-chairs.
In a video honoring the three winners of the Spurgeon Smithson Award, Bill talked about leadership and the important work of the state Supreme Court’s Commission on Racial and Ethnic Fairness: “You’re trying to do two things. Number one, look at practices, examine what is here. And number two, to make sure that we realign those practices, and change those practices, so that they guarantee equal access and participation for all racial and ethnic minorities.”
Read the Thompson Coburn press release.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16