2018 ABF Fellows Awards Honorees: Carrie Menkel-Meadow and Amelia Boss
University of California Irvine School of Law professor Carrie Menkel-Meadow is the 2018 recipient of the American Bar Foundation’s Outstanding Scholar Award.
The Outstanding Scholar Award is given by the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation to an individual who has engaged in outstanding scholarship in the law or government. Professor Menkel-Meadow will be recognized for her decades-long work in creating, building, shaping, and internationalizing the field of alternative dispute resolution, and for her major contributions to the studies of the legal profession and feminism.
“I am deeply honored to be recognized by an institution I love and respect, the American Bar Foundation, for its own path-breaking empirical work on law and legal institutions and to be nominated by one’s own research peers — there is nothing better than that in our work as legal academics,” said Professor Menkel-Meadow.
Amelia H. Boss of Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law will receive the Outstanding State Chair Award - Pennsylvania State Fellows Co-Chairs, which is awarded to those who have demonstrated a dedication to the work of the Foundation and the mission of The Fellows through exceptional efforts on behalf of The Fellows at the state level.
The 62nd Annual Fellows Awards Reception and Banquet will take place on February 3, 2018 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Congratulations to ALI members Rachel Barkow, Merrick Garland, Sherrilyn Ifill, Goodwin Liu, Tracey Meares and Nath… https://t.co/WRC7BOeiS6@AmLawInstApr 19
- Congratulations to ALI member J. Brett Busby on his appointment to the Supreme Court of Texas. Read more on… https://t.co/rpvtQDpVKZ@AmLawInstApr 19
- The Law of American Indians: Indian Country Criminal Jurisdiction. Read more on The ALI Adviser. https://t.co/DgMA9YmRTk@AmLawInstApr 19
- Congratulations to ALI members Rachel Barkow, Merrick Garland, Goodwin Liu, Tracey Meares and Nathaniel Persily on… https://t.co/WYV0EQsyKF@AmLawInstApr 19
- This week’s podcast episode of #ReasonablySpeaking deals with consumer contracts, enforceability of terms, and the… https://t.co/otx9wu5nAL@AmLawInstApr 19