The 2021 American Lawyer Industry Awards
The American Lawyer Industry Awards 2021, hosted by The American Lawyer, was held on December 2 to recognize lawyers, leaders, and law firms that have left their mark on the legal industry, the profession, and society. ALI members were honored with the Lifetime Achievement and Tony Mauro Media Lawyer Awards.
ALI members honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award are:
- Larry W. Sonsini of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (Receiving the Distinguished Law Firm Leader)
- Kathleen M. Sullivan of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan
- Seth P. Waxman of WilmerHale
- Benjamin F. Wilson of Beveridge & Diamond
Thomas S. Leatherbury of Vinson & Elkins received the Tony Mauro Media Lawyer Award for his four decades of work advising media organizations and journalists on issues of libel, privacy, reporter’s privilege, and newsgathering. The award was established in 2019 “to honor attorneys who zealously advocate for freedom of the press,” honoring Tony Mauro for his 42 years as a U.S. Supreme Court correspondent.
Learn more about the Lifetime Achievement Award finalists here and the Tony Mauro Media Lawyer Award here [subscription required]. An overview of the 2021 American Lawyer Industry Awards can be found here.
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26