ABA Task Force on Law, Society and the Judiciary
A report from the American Bar Association’s Task Force on Law, Society and the Judiciary released its findings with recommended steps to improve public confidence in the judiciary.
The task force was formed in 2022 with the hopes of identifying ways to further the public’s understanding of the judiciary and increase the public’s trust in it. The report addresses the confirmation process, judicial ethics, transparency, and public education.
Several of the task force members are ALI members:
- Susan G. Braden of The Office of Judge Susan G. Braden (Retired)
- Sherrilyn Ifill of Howard Law School
- Wallace B. Jefferson of Alexander Dubose & Jefferson
- Linda A. Klein (chair) of Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz
- Melissa Murray of New York University School of Law
- Thomas M. Susman of the American Bar Association
A copy of the report is available here.