ALI Elects 41 New Members
The American Law Institute has elected 41 new members who will bring their expertise, and add their voices to the important and ongoing work of the Institute.
“I am pleased to welcome this new group of practicing lawyers, academics, and state and federal judges who will bring their own unique voices and contributions to our work, at a time when our work is most needed,” said ALI President David F. Levi. “Our membership continues to prove that civil debate and careful deliberation are still possible, even on a virtual platform. We welcome these new members and look forward to the contributions they will make to our Restatement, Principles, and Model Code projects. It will be a particular pleasure to welcome them in person just as soon as that becomes possible.”
Visit the Newly Elected Members Page to view biographical sketches of the new members.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3