ALI Members Elected to the AAAS
The American Academy of Arts & Sciences (AAAS) has announced the election of its newest members, which includes ALI members Jenny S. Martinez of Stanford Law School, M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Jennifer L. Mnookin of UCLA School of Law, Anne Joseph O'Connell of Stanford Law School, and Cristina M. Rodriguez of Yale Law School.
“The members of the class of 2020 have excelled in laboratories and lecture halls, they have amazed on concert stages and in surgical suites, and they have led in board rooms and courtrooms,” said Academy President David W. Oxtoby. “With today’s election announcement, these new members are united by a place in history and by an opportunity to shape the future through the Academy’s work to advance the public good.”
Academy members are leaders in the arts and sciences, business, philanthropy, and public affairs. They are based across the United States and around the world. These elected members explore challenges facing society, identify solutions, and promote nonpartisan recommendations that advance the public good.
Read the full announcement here.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16