ALI Members Elected to the AAAS
The American Academy of Arts and Sciences today announced the election of its new members, which includes ALI members Erwin Chemerinsky of the University of California – Irvine School of Law, Antonia Hernandez of the California Community Foundation, Trevor W. Morrison of New York University School of Law, M. Elizabeth Magill of Stanford Law School, and Life member Joel Seligman of the University of Rochester.
“It is an honor to welcome this new class of exceptional women and men as part of our distinguished membership,” said Don Randel, Chair of the Academy’s Board of Directors. “Their election affords us an invaluable opportunity to bring their expertise and knowledge to bear on some of the most significant challenges of our day. We look forward to engaging these new members in the work of the Academy.”
The new class will be inducted at a ceremony on October 8, 2016, in Cambridge, Massachusetts. View the complete list of 2016 Fellows and Foreign Honorary Members.
- For almost 50 years, the Boskey Motion has allowed ALI to honor its bicameral voting requirements without excessive… https://t.co/uj9lo3ndRa@AmLawInstJan 16
- Council Meetings are an important time for the Institute. Learn more about Council and the different stages of the… https://t.co/hEeEb4pdSn@AmLawInstJan 15
- This week is all about prep for our January Council meeting. The primary functions of ALI’s Council include determi… https://t.co/rYmFuMhtM3@AmLawInstJan 14
- #TBT to last year’s January Council Meeting. ALI Council will meet next week to review drafts from six current proj… https://t.co/UEqBvNAdsG@AmLawInstJan 10
- The first issue of The ALI Reporter, our membership newsletter, was published in October 1978. Since then the publi… https://t.co/7Eou3Ycbtw@AmLawInstJan 8