American Academy of Arts & Sciences Induction Weekend
The American Academy of Arts & Science hosted its 2018 induction weekend on Oct. 5-7. The ceremony honored the Academy’s newest members, which include ALI members Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar of the Supreme Court of California, Risa L. Goluboff of UVA School of Law, Mark A. Lemley of Stanford Law School, and Associate Justice Sonia M. Sotomayor of the U.S. Supreme Court. Both Justice Cuéllar and Associate Justice Sotomayor were featured speakers at the event.
“This class of 2018 is a testament to the Academy’s ability to both uphold our 238-year commitment to honor exceptional individuals and to recognize new expertise,” said Nancy C. Andrews, the Chair of the Board of the American Academy. “John Adams, James Bowdoin, and other founders did not imagine climatology, econometrics, gene regulation, nanostructures, or Netflix. They did, however, have a vision that the Academy would be dedicated to new knowledge – and these new members help us achieve that goal.”
The full list of the new member class is available here.
- For almost 50 years, the Boskey Motion has allowed ALI to honor its bicameral voting requirements without excessive… https://t.co/uj9lo3ndRa@AmLawInstJan 16
- Council Meetings are an important time for the Institute. Learn more about Council and the different stages of the… https://t.co/hEeEb4pdSn@AmLawInstJan 15
- This week is all about prep for our January Council meeting. The primary functions of ALI’s Council include determi… https://t.co/rYmFuMhtM3@AmLawInstJan 14
- #TBT to last year’s January Council Meeting. ALI Council will meet next week to review drafts from six current proj… https://t.co/UEqBvNAdsG@AmLawInstJan 10
- The first issue of The ALI Reporter, our membership newsletter, was published in October 1978. Since then the publi… https://t.co/7Eou3Ycbtw@AmLawInstJan 8