Amy Coney Barrett Confirmed as Supreme Court Justice
On Oct. 26, Amy Coney Barrett of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit was confirmed by the U.S. Senate to fill the U.S. Supreme Court vacancy created by the passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
An ALI member since 2018, Justice Barrett has served as a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit since 2017. Before becoming a judge, she was the Diane and M.O. Miller, II Research Chair in Law and Professor of Law at Notre Dame Law School, where her scholarship focused on constitutional and statutory interpretation and the Federal courts.
Justice Barrett has also served as a Visiting Associate Professor of Law at the University of Virginia Law School and the John M. Olin Fellow in Law at George Washington University Law School. Earlier in her career, she practiced at the prestigious law firms Miller, Cassidy, Larroca & Lewin LLP and Baker Botts LLP.
Justice Barrett clerked on the Supreme Court for Justice Antonin Scalia and for Judge Laurence H. Silberman on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. She is a magna cum laude graduate of Rhodes College in Tennessee and a summa cum laude graduate of Notre Dame Law School, where she graduated first in her class.
- Now available, “The Cambridge Handbook of International and Comparative Trademark Law,” edited by ALI members… https://t.co/GQZJuge5A0@AmLawInstNov 25
- From @ALI_CLE “Children and the Law: Protecting the Vulnerable in a Time of Crisis.” Featuring Elizabeth Scott,… https://t.co/nfpeJTc4pX@AmLawInstNov 25
- Professor @ailahoss of @TULaw addresses the gap in literature related to Indian law in Indiana her article “Indian… https://t.co/dcHTFHX5X8@AmLawInstNov 25
- Available now on #ReasonablySpeaking, "MDLs Go Mainstream: Mass Torts Today." John Beisner of @SkaddenArps,… https://t.co/dfXrOmVmGr@AmLawInstNov 24
- Coming Soon to #ReasonablySpeaking, “MDLs Go Mainstream: Mass Torts Today.” This episode will cover the nuances of… https://t.co/qWZldhLeDU@AmLawInstNov 23