Anton Hajjar Confirmed to Postal Board of Governors
Anton Hajjar, the former general counssel of the American Postal Workers union, AFL-CIO, was confirmed by the U.S. Senate to serve on the U.S. Postal Service Board of Governors. For the first time in more than a decade, the Postal Board of Governors now has a full complement of governors.
“Our campaign to get new members on the Postal Board of Governors was about making sure those at the highest levels of postal leadership will work to secure a vibrant Postal Service for years to come,” said President Mark Dimondstein, “Thanks to our collective efforts, these three people who understand the importance of investing in good jobs, postal infrastructure and guaranteeing efficient service will now join the Board.”
Read the full American Postal Worker Union’s announcement here.
Elected to the ALI in 2002, Hajjar was elected to the ALI Council in 2010. He served as an Adviser for Restatement of the Law Third, Employment Law, and for the joint project with the European Law Institute to Principles for a Data Economy. He has been a frequent presenter on employment and labor law topics, and he has been an advisor and pro bono attorney in numerous employment discrimination cases, including those of Arab- and Muslin-Americans following the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, and continues with those activities to date.
- Robert H. Mundheim @ShearmanLaw received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Arizona James E.… https://t.co/YkNyeG5DNC@AmLawInstJun 13
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30