Anton Hajjar Confirmed to Postal Board of Governors
Anton Hajjar was confirmed by the Senate to serve on the Postal Board of Governors. For the first time in more than a decade, the Postal Board of Governors now has a full complement of governors.
“Our campaign to get new members on the Postal Board of Governors was about making sure those at the highest levels of postal leadership will work to secure a vibrant Postal Service for years to come,” said President Mark Dimondstein, “Thanks to our collective efforts, these three people who understand the importance of investing in good jobs, postal infrastructure and guaranteeing efficient service will now join the Board.”
Read the full American Postal Worker Union’s announcement here.
Elected to the ALI in 2002, Hajjar was elected to the ALI Council in 2010. He served as an Adviser for Restatement of the Law Third, Employment Law, and for the joint project with the European Law Institute to Principles for a Data Economy. He has been a frequent presenter on employment and labor law topics, and he has been an advisor and pro bono attorney in numerous employment discrimination cases, including those of Arab- and Muslin-Americans following the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, and continues with those activities to date.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16