Audience of Judges Learns About ALI’s Restatement of the Law Liability Insurance
For nearly four decades, the Law & Economics Center at George Mason University School of Law has focused on educating judges in order to maintain a knowledgeable and well-educated judiciary.
This year, at the Ninth Annual Judicial Symposium on Civil Justice Issues, a 90-minute session was devoted to Updates on the Restatement of Liability Insurance Law with a panel that included four ALI members. The panelists were: ALI Council member Kenneth Abraham of University of Virginia School of Law; John Buchanan of Covington & Burling; Judge William F. Highberger of the Los Angeles County Superior Court; and Jack B. Jacobs of Sidley Austin, along with Laura A. Foggan of Wiley Rein who has served on the ALI project as the Liaison for the American Insurance Association.
Over the course of the three-day symposium (May 31-June 2), five other ALI members served as panelists in other sessions: ALI Council member John H. Beisner of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom; Mark A. Behrens of Shook, Hardy & Bacon; Richard O. Faulk of Hollingsworth LLP who recently joined the Law & Economics Center as Senior Director of the Initiative for Energy and the Environment; and Robert S. Peck of the Center for Constitutional Litigation.
- Congratulations to ALI members Kelly Dermody @LieffCabraser and Judge Judith McConnell on being honored with the… https://t.co/BDeeF2RhyK@AmLawInstAug 19
- Listen now to Part I of “May It Please the Court” with Nicole Saharsky, Seth Waxman and Douglas Laycock. In total t… https://t.co/V1SBbrJ7Tx@AmLawInstAug 19
- An article for Law360 entitled “Risk Assessment Tools Are Not A Failed ‘Minority Report’” discusses the use of risk… https://t.co/Uvl8loyfUL@AmLawInstAug 16
- In the episode "Creating a Strong Corporate Compliance Program" on #ReasonablySpeaking Ivan Fong @3M and Lori Marti… https://t.co/QSNb5DmRDV@AmLawInstAug 15
- Congratulations to ALI member Judy Martinez @SPSR_Law, who will serve as the 2019-2020 @ABAesq President. Read mo… https://t.co/3WCNXKGS0W@AmLawInstAug 15