Audience of Judges Learns About ALI’s Restatement of the Law Liability Insurance
For nearly four decades, the Law & Economics Center at George Mason University School of Law has focused on educating judges in order to maintain a knowledgeable and well-educated judiciary.
This year, at the Ninth Annual Judicial Symposium on Civil Justice Issues, a 90-minute session was devoted to Updates on the Restatement of Liability Insurance Law with a panel that included four ALI members. The panelists were: ALI Council member Kenneth Abraham of University of Virginia School of Law; John Buchanan of Covington & Burling; Judge William F. Highberger of the Los Angeles County Superior Court; and Jack B. Jacobs of Sidley Austin, along with Laura A. Foggan of Wiley Rein who has served on the ALI project as the Liaison for the American Insurance Association.
Over the course of the three-day symposium (May 31-June 2), five other ALI members served as panelists in other sessions: ALI Council member John H. Beisner of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom; Mark A. Behrens of Shook, Hardy & Bacon; Richard O. Faulk of Hollingsworth LLP who recently joined the Law & Economics Center as Senior Director of the Initiative for Energy and the Environment; and Robert S. Peck of the Center for Constitutional Litigation.
- Make sure to check out what’s happened so far on Season 2 of #ReasonablySpeaking, including special episodes of “Co… https://t.co/8P7XrLkt4G@AmLawInstJul 3
- #TBT to Episode 1 of "Coping with COVID," a series produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw. "How Courts Are… https://t.co/yRxyRs3uIj@AmLawInstJul 2
- ALI Council member Troy McKenzie of @nyulaw was recently honored with a Distinguished Teaching Award. Learn more:… https://t.co/dIH5sntHyp@AmLawInstJul 2
- Now Streaming on #ReasonablySpeaking: “The Plague of Excessive Force - Working Together to Find a Cure” featuring… https://t.co/FGmDlbwvPi@AmLawInstJul 1
- Read remarks from ALI members @ProfMMurray, @barryfriedman1, @eji_org Executive Director Bryan Stevenson,… https://t.co/WjYkz4CR9O@AmLawInstJul 1