Audience of Judges Learns About ALI’s Restatement of the Law Liability Insurance
For nearly four decades, the Law & Economics Center at George Mason University School of Law has focused on educating judges in order to maintain a knowledgeable and well-educated judiciary.
This year, at the Ninth Annual Judicial Symposium on Civil Justice Issues, a 90-minute session was devoted to Updates on the Restatement of Liability Insurance Law with a panel that included four ALI members. The panelists were: ALI Council member Kenneth Abraham of University of Virginia School of Law; John Buchanan of Covington & Burling; Judge William F. Highberger of the Los Angeles County Superior Court; and Jack B. Jacobs of Sidley Austin, along with Laura A. Foggan of Wiley Rein who has served on the ALI project as the Liaison for the American Insurance Association.
Over the course of the three-day symposium (May 31-June 2), five other ALI members served as panelists in other sessions: ALI Council member John H. Beisner of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom; Mark A. Behrens of Shook, Hardy & Bacon; Richard O. Faulk of Hollingsworth LLP who recently joined the Law & Economics Center as Senior Director of the Initiative for Energy and the Environment; and Robert S. Peck of the Center for Constitutional Litigation.
- . @BandesSusan of @DePaulLaw was interviewed by @Law360 on her article “Empath and Remote Legal Proceedings” discuss… https://t.co/oB4452EN6H@AmLawInstJul 30
- . @OlatiJ was featured on the final episode of the Defending the Planet podcast by @ColumbiaLaw discussing climate c… https://t.co/YgGaOJZxY7@AmLawInstJul 29
- . @ChrisOdinet was quoted in @MorningConsult on potential consequences for nonbank and fintech mortgage companies as… https://t.co/xYP2kLfTZu@AmLawInstJul 28
- Jane Cutler Greenspan, retired judge of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, discusses Title IX adjudication and reso… https://t.co/x6F7Lmx5vS@AmLawInstJul 27
- . @daniellecitron participated in a discussion with @TheProspect analyzing the different facets of Section 230, a pr… https://t.co/NAxmfwB7em@AmLawInstJul 26