Audience of Judges Learns About ALI’s Restatement of the Law Liability Insurance
For nearly four decades, the Law & Economics Center at George Mason University School of Law has focused on educating judges in order to maintain a knowledgeable and well-educated judiciary.
This year, at the Ninth Annual Judicial Symposium on Civil Justice Issues, a 90-minute session was devoted to Updates on the Restatement of Liability Insurance Law with a panel that included four ALI members. The panelists were: ALI Council member Kenneth Abraham of University of Virginia School of Law; John Buchanan of Covington & Burling; Judge William F. Highberger of the Los Angeles County Superior Court; and Jack B. Jacobs of Sidley Austin, along with Laura A. Foggan of Wiley Rein who has served on the ALI project as the Liaison for the American Insurance Association.
Over the course of the three-day symposium (May 31-June 2), five other ALI members served as panelists in other sessions: ALI Council member John H. Beisner of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom; Mark A. Behrens of Shook, Hardy & Bacon; Richard O. Faulk of Hollingsworth LLP who recently joined the Law & Economics Center as Senior Director of the Initiative for Energy and the Environment; and Robert S. Peck of the Center for Constitutional Litigation.
- ALI Torts Reporter Michael Green @WFULawSchool on Policing. Up next § 11.02 on recording of policing questioning, a… https://t.co/aMspRA9O35@AmLawInstMay 20
- Reporter @brandonlgarrett@DukeLaw responds to comments on eyewitness identification procedures #ALI96. Read the d… https://t.co/uq2oiLxKrt@AmLawInstMay 20
- Reporters @barryfriedman1 and @brandonlgarrett continue to receive comment on Policing Principles - now from… https://t.co/jtZFzsh3Eb@AmLawInstMay 20
- Frank Sullivan @IUMcKinney provides comment on the justification for encounters Section of Policing principles.… https://t.co/F2O731oJoe@AmLawInstMay 20
- The first project on today’s agenda is Principles of the Law, Policing with Reporter Barry Friedman and Associate R… https://t.co/nYlEXtb8yd@AmLawInstMay 20