Brian Nelson Nominated for Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence
President Joe Biden announced his intent to nominate Brian E. Nelson of LA2028 for Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence for the Department of the Treasury. An ALI member since 2016, Nelson previously served as an Adviser on Principles of Compliance and Enforcement for Organizations and Restatement of Charitable Nonprofit Organizations.
From the White House press release:
Brian Nelson is the chief legal officer of LA28, the organizing committee for the 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Los Angeles. Before joining LA28, Nelson served in a number of senior roles in the California Department of Justice, overseeing key initiatives, including Attorney General-led efforts to combat transnational criminal organizations, dismantle human trafficking networks, and build state and international partnerships to stop money laundering and high-tech crimes. Before that, Nelson served in the U.S. Department of Justice as the National Security Divisions deputy chief of staff, supporting the managerial, policy and operational work of the Division. Nelson was a law clerk on the Ninth Circuit and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and received his bachelor's degrees from UCLA and his J.D. from Yale Law School.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16