Bryan Stevenson Awarded ABA Medal
Bryan Stevenson, founder and executive director of the Equal Justice Initiative, was awarded the ABA Medal at the 2018 ABA Annual Meeting held in Chicago. The association’s highest honor, the ABA Medal recognizes exceptionally distinguished service by a lawyer or lawyers to the cause of American jurisprudence.
After his acceptance, Mr. Stevenson gave a passionate speech where he shared insight from his remarkable career and stressed the need for members of the legal community to boldly address, and actively seek out, remedies for injustice.
In his speech Mr. Stevenson stated, “We have to be willing to do things that are uncomfortable and inconvenient, because justice doesn’t come when you only do the things that are comfortable and convenient ….We advance justice only when we’re willing to do things that are uncomfortable.”
Read additional coverage and watch the full speech here.
- #TBT to last spring's Policing Principles project meeting with Reporter Barry Friedman, and project participants Sh… https://t.co/9yokqfxjEL@AmLawInstAug 22
- Listen now to “American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this episode Indian Law… https://t.co/E7PbjjsNqO@AmLawInstAug 21
- On August 19, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed AB 392 into law, enacting one of the strongest use-of-force l… https://t.co/d1q259bKDO@AmLawInstAug 21
- ALI member and former Solicitor General Michael Dreeben responds to a series of @SCOTUSblog tributes honoring his d… https://t.co/zFTpPGoiyC@AmLawInstAug 20
- ALI Director Richard L. Revesz addresses the role of Restatements in the Summer Edition of The ALI Reporter. Read… https://t.co/SEjnFVbx7X@AmLawInstAug 20