Bryan Stevenson Awarded ABA Medal
Bryan Stevenson, founder and executive director of the Equal Justice Initiative, was awarded the ABA Medal at the 2018 ABA Annual Meeting held in Chicago. The association’s highest honor, the ABA Medal recognizes exceptionally distinguished service by a lawyer or lawyers to the cause of American jurisprudence.
After his acceptance, Mr. Stevenson gave a passionate speech where he shared insight from his remarkable career and stressed the need for members of the legal community to boldly address, and actively seek out, remedies for injustice.
In his speech Mr. Stevenson stated, “We have to be willing to do things that are uncomfortable and inconvenient, because justice doesn’t come when you only do the things that are comfortable and convenient ….We advance justice only when we’re willing to do things that are uncomfortable.”
Read additional coverage and watch the full speech here.
- Learn more about "Extraction: Art on the Edge of the Abyss, Preview of a Glorious Ruckus" by Michael Traynor… https://t.co/m6AD3iVhlw@AmLawInstDec 13
- Our fall project season has come to a close but that doesn’t mean work has stopped. Reporters are still hard at wor… https://t.co/gAP1oqKrYl@AmLawInstDec 13
- Quote from Neil B. Cohen @brooklynlaw at ALI91 upon receiving the Wisdom Award. #WednesdayWisdom Watch a video o… https://t.co/VOVMN9ABbL@AmLawInstDec 12
- Foreign Relations Law Adviser Christopher Whytock @UCILaw discusses International Law, world politics, and more on… https://t.co/aPcBO3vffy@AmLawInstDec 12
- The Winter edition of The ALI Reporter is now available. This issue includes project updates from ALI's fall projec… https://t.co/Kza6smPQCn@AmLawInstDec 12