Bryan Stevenson Awarded ABA Medal
Bryan Stevenson, founder and executive director of the Equal Justice Initiative, was awarded the ABA Medal at the 2018 ABA Annual Meeting held in Chicago. The association’s highest honor, the ABA Medal recognizes exceptionally distinguished service by a lawyer or lawyers to the cause of American jurisprudence.
After his acceptance, Mr. Stevenson gave a passionate speech where he shared insight from his remarkable career and stressed the need for members of the legal community to boldly address, and actively seek out, remedies for injustice.
In his speech Mr. Stevenson stated, “We have to be willing to do things that are uncomfortable and inconvenient, because justice doesn’t come when you only do the things that are comfortable and convenient ….We advance justice only when we’re willing to do things that are uncomfortable.”
Read additional coverage and watch the full speech here.
- John Lovett of @LOYNOLAW discusses “The International Reach of the Restatement (Third) Property: Servitudes” on The… https://t.co/dVz2nheNKs@AmLawInstDec 12
- ALI member Nancy Kim @CWSL_News will be presenting a talk on “Social and Business Problems Created by Ubiquitous Wr… https://t.co/ogsjKTEo5M@AmLawInstDec 6
- #AmericasTownHall continues with ALI member John S. Cooke of the Federal Judicial Center moderating a conversation… https://t.co/RejyFzm3ID@AmLawInstDec 5
- Christopher Slobogin of @vanderbiltlaw and @Laura_K_Donohue of @GeorgetownLaw join @RosenJeffrey for this morning's… https://t.co/ul6MWRNFoz@AmLawInstDec 5
- Today’s #AmericasTownHall discussion at the @ConstitutionCtr, “The Fourth Amendment and Privacy: Historical Perspec… https://t.co/FNNQiY7T9o@AmLawInstDec 5