Bryan Stevenson Awarded ABA Medal
Bryan Stevenson, founder and executive director of the Equal Justice Initiative, was awarded the ABA Medal at the 2018 ABA Annual Meeting held in Chicago. The association’s highest honor, the ABA Medal recognizes exceptionally distinguished service by a lawyer or lawyers to the cause of American jurisprudence.
After his acceptance, Mr. Stevenson gave a passionate speech where he shared insight from his remarkable career and stressed the need for members of the legal community to boldly address, and actively seek out, remedies for injustice.
In his speech Mr. Stevenson stated, “We have to be willing to do things that are uncomfortable and inconvenient, because justice doesn’t come when you only do the things that are comfortable and convenient ….We advance justice only when we’re willing to do things that are uncomfortable.”
Read additional coverage and watch the full speech here.
- Listen to our most recent episode of #ReasonablySpeaking “American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” featuri… https://t.co/QkiGNMGU0J@AmLawInstMar 22
- #TBT to our “Protecting Individual Liberties” episode on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this episode, Cal. Supreme Court J… https://t.co/Jj7aqS0vaQ@AmLawInstMar 21
- Each ALI project undergoes a substantial review and voting process before it is ready for publication. Learn more a… https://t.co/Y2KCULNqOL@AmLawInstMar 21
- American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” on #ReasonablySpeaking passes the mic to Indian Law experts Matth… https://t.co/FrtcTtX4j1@AmLawInstMar 19
- Tomorrow’s new episode of #ReasonablySpeaking will address the nuanced and highly complex field of American Indian… https://t.co/w9iOSvt1I4@AmLawInstMar 18