The Cambridge Handbook of International and Comparative Trademark Law
Now available, The Cambridge Handbook of International and Comparative Trademark Law, edited by Irene Calboli of Texas A&M School of Law and Jane C. Ginsburg of Columbia Law School, offers an important and comprehensive study of global trademark law.
The Handbook serves as an invaluable resource for diverse stakeholders, including users, policy makers, lawyers and academics.
Trade in goods and services has historically resisted territorial confinement, but trademark protection remains territorial, albeit within an increasingly important framework of multilateral treaties. Trademark law therefore demands that practitioners, policy-makers and academics understand principles of international and comparative law. This handbook assists in that endeavour, with chapters describing and critically analyzing international and regional frameworks, and providing comparative perspectives on the substantive issues in trademark law and related fields, such as geographic indications, advertising law, and domain names. Chapters contrast common law and civil law approaches while focusing on the US and EU trademark systems in light of the role these systems have played in the development of trademark laws. Additionally, this handbook covers other jurisdictions, both common law and civil law, on the Asia-Pacific, African, and South American continents. This work should be read by anyone seeking a better understanding of trademark law around the world.
- Don't miss this important conversation with ALI member @rickhasen, today @ 5pm ET. https://t.co/TNvW79KnS0@AmLawInstJan 19
- ALI member @DanielSolove of @gwlaw has written “The Eyemonger,” a newly illustrated children’s book that discusses… https://t.co/vX0iK1MoYK@AmLawInstJan 15
- #ICYMI – "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward," is now available on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this timely episode sc… https://t.co/jK7Q4mtF29@AmLawInstJan 15
- Now on #ReasonablySpeaking, "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward." From the new series, #BeyondCOVID, jointly prod… https://t.co/XeLJWgbWiS@AmLawInstJan 14
- Make sure to check out this special edition honoring ALI Council member Diane P. Wood of the U.S. Court of Appeals… https://t.co/0gs41NHlwC@AmLawInstJan 13