Catherine Amirfar Named President-Elect of ASIL
Catherine Amirfar of Debevoise & Plimpton has been elected President-Elect of the American Society of International Law (ASIL). Ms. Amirfar will take office as President in 2020.
Commenting on her election, Ms. Amirfar said, “It is an honor to have been elected President-Elect of ASIL. Since its beginnings over a century ago, ASIL has had an enormous impact on the world of international law. I have seen how much it can accomplish by bringing together the experience and expertise of the global legal profession to address the most pressing challenges confronting the global order and adherence to the rule of law today. I’m grateful to my colleagues for having entrusted me with this position.”
Since its founding in 1906, ASIL’s mission is to foster the study of international law and to promote the establishment and maintenance of international relations on the basis of law and justice. The Society’s nearly 4,000 members from more than 100 countries comprise attorneys, academics, corporate counsel, judges, representatives of governments and nongovernmental organizations, international civil servants, students and others interested in international law.
Read more here.
- Congratulations to ALI members Rachel Barkow, Merrick Garland, Sherrilyn Ifill, Goodwin Liu, Tracey Meares and Nath… https://t.co/WRC7BOeiS6@AmLawInstApr 19
- Congratulations to ALI member J. Brett Busby on his appointment to the Supreme Court of Texas. Read more on… https://t.co/rpvtQDpVKZ@AmLawInstApr 19
- The Law of American Indians: Indian Country Criminal Jurisdiction. Read more on The ALI Adviser. https://t.co/DgMA9YmRTk@AmLawInstApr 19
- Congratulations to ALI members Rachel Barkow, Merrick Garland, Goodwin Liu, Tracey Meares and Nathaniel Persily on… https://t.co/WYV0EQsyKF@AmLawInstApr 19
- This week’s podcast episode of #ReasonablySpeaking deals with consumer contracts, enforceability of terms, and the… https://t.co/otx9wu5nAL@AmLawInstApr 19