Catherine Amirfar Named President-Elect of ASIL
Catherine Amirfar of Debevoise & Plimpton has been elected President-Elect of the American Society of International Law (ASIL). Ms. Amirfar will take office as President in 2020.
Commenting on her election, Ms. Amirfar said, “It is an honor to have been elected President-Elect of ASIL. Since its beginnings over a century ago, ASIL has had an enormous impact on the world of international law. I have seen how much it can accomplish by bringing together the experience and expertise of the global legal profession to address the most pressing challenges confronting the global order and adherence to the rule of law today. I’m grateful to my colleagues for having entrusted me with this position.”
Since its founding in 1906, ASIL’s mission is to foster the study of international law and to promote the establishment and maintenance of international relations on the basis of law and justice. The Society’s nearly 4,000 members from more than 100 countries comprise attorneys, academics, corporate counsel, judges, representatives of governments and nongovernmental organizations, international civil servants, students and others interested in international law.
Read more here.
- An article for Law360 entitled “Risk Assessment Tools Are Not A Failed ‘Minority Report’” discusses the use of risk… https://t.co/Uvl8loyfUL@AmLawInstAug 16
- In the episode "Creating a Strong Corporate Compliance Program" on #ReasonablySpeaking Ivan Fong @3M and Lori Marti… https://t.co/QSNb5DmRDV@AmLawInstAug 15
- Congratulations to ALI member Judy Martinez @SPSR_Law, who will serve as the 2019-2020 @ABAesq President. Read mo… https://t.co/3WCNXKGS0W@AmLawInstAug 15
- The 5th Cir. recently overturned the Northern District of Texas with strong language supporting ICWA. Read more abo… https://t.co/kbAc2CaFXb@AmLawInstAug 15
- Listen now to “Protecting Children in Criminal Procedures” on #ReasonablySpeaking featuring Marsha Levick… https://t.co/3YaaPICf1Y@AmLawInstAug 14