Catherine Amirfar Named President-Elect of ASIL
Catherine Amirfar of Debevoise & Plimpton has been elected President-Elect of the American Society of International Law (ASIL). Ms. Amirfar will take office as President in 2020.
Commenting on her election, Ms. Amirfar said, “It is an honor to have been elected President-Elect of ASIL. Since its beginnings over a century ago, ASIL has had an enormous impact on the world of international law. I have seen how much it can accomplish by bringing together the experience and expertise of the global legal profession to address the most pressing challenges confronting the global order and adherence to the rule of law today. I’m grateful to my colleagues for having entrusted me with this position.”
Since its founding in 1906, ASIL’s mission is to foster the study of international law and to promote the establishment and maintenance of international relations on the basis of law and justice. The Society’s nearly 4,000 members from more than 100 countries comprise attorneys, academics, corporate counsel, judges, representatives of governments and nongovernmental organizations, international civil servants, students and others interested in international law.
Read more here.
- Registration is open for the Tues. 10/27 @ALI_CLE webcast “Children and the Law: Protecting the Vulnerable in a Tim… https://t.co/Y2cBkn7CsZ@AmLawInstOct 24
- . @ALI_CLE is offering a 10/27 webcast on “Children and the Law: Protecting the Vulnerable in a Time of Crisis," wit… https://t.co/q4D8gNA8LT@AmLawInstOct 23
- #ICYMI – ALI has made Part I, Early In-Person Voting and Open Absentee Voting, of Principles of Election Administra… https://t.co/u5tTQp9ZHD@AmLawInstOct 21
- The fall edition of 'The ALI Reporter' is now available. Read the full issue: https://t.co/bUIv3xaV0Vhttps://t.co/MAl3KDRuyo@AmLawInstOct 20
- Tune in tonight @ 7pm EST for this important conversation featuring ALI members @Nedfoley and @RosenJeffrey in conv… https://t.co/pzi2fQxTPE@AmLawInstOct 19