Christine Durham Named 2019 Robert J. Kutak Award Recipient
Retired Justice of the Utah Supreme Court Christine M. Durham has been named the recipient of the ABA’s 2019 Robert J. Kutak Award.The award “is presented annually to honor an individual who has made significant contributions to the collaboration of the legal academy, the bench, and the bar.” Justice Durham was presented with the award at a reception on August 23.
Jeffrey Lewis of Saint Louis University School of Law and ABA Vice Chair of the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar said upon her nomination,
“The Honorable Christine Durham has a record of unparalleled and distinguished service to the legal profession and the public which it services. She served for thirty-five years as a justice of the Supreme Court of Utah, including ten years as Chief Justice and a term as President of the Conference of Chief Justices. She served as Chair of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar. She is an exemplar of Robert J. Kutak's vision of one deserving of this award which carries his name.”
Learn more about the award here.
- In this video, project Reporters Matthew Fletcher @MSULaw ( @ILPCTurtleTalk) and Kaighn Smith Jr. @DrummondWoodsum p… https://t.co/8yvxwpu24O@AmLawInstMay 22
- “Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation” brings together judges and court adm… https://t.co/TfpRlmYKcx@AmLawInstMay 21
- Coming soon to #ReasonablySpeaking – "Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation.… https://t.co/V94sWaem6L@AmLawInstMay 20
- Congratulations to ALI member A. Benjamin Spencer ( @PROFSPENCER) of @UVALaw on being named the new dean of… https://t.co/326BOQhgc6@AmLawInstMay 20
- . @DukeLaw@DeanKerryAbrams shares her thoughts on how students assisted in the switch to remote learning on… https://t.co/de6DRzlzYl@AmLawInstMay 20