Christine Durham Named 2019 Robert J. Kutak Award Recipient
Retired Justice of the Utah Supreme Court Christine M. Durham has been named the recipient of the ABA’s 2019 Robert J. Kutak Award.The award “is presented annually to honor an individual who has made significant contributions to the collaboration of the legal academy, the bench, and the bar.” Justice Durham was presented with the award at a reception on August 23.
Jeffrey Lewis of Saint Louis University School of Law and ABA Vice Chair of the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar said upon her nomination,
“The Honorable Christine Durham has a record of unparalleled and distinguished service to the legal profession and the public which it services. She served for thirty-five years as a justice of the Supreme Court of Utah, including ten years as Chief Justice and a term as President of the Conference of Chief Justices. She served as Chair of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar. She is an exemplar of Robert J. Kutak's vision of one deserving of this award which carries his name.”
Learn more about the award here.
- Available now, “The Restatement and Beyond: The Past, Present, and Future of U.S. Foreign Relations Law.” Edited by… https://t.co/hrjii8dsYT@AmLawInstSep 24
- Now available on The ALI Adviser, @JayFeinman of @RutgersLaw provides "A User’s Guide to the Restatement of the Law… https://t.co/loNjEew8A5@AmLawInstSep 22
- ALI member Paul B. Stephan of @UVALaw has been appointed special counsel to the general counsel of the U.S. Departm… https://t.co/I9X8A3VCyF@AmLawInstSep 22
- ALI member Christiane Wendehorst of the @univienna and president of @ELI_Secretariat has joined the new Global Part… https://t.co/paAGVr7YpM@AmLawInstSep 21
- We mourn the loss of U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, legal icon and trailblazing advocate… https://t.co/QKm7AnoeKo@AmLawInstSep 19