Civil Justice Fest: Behind the Curtain at ALI
On Wednesday, Nov. 18 at noon (EST), the Law & Economics Center at Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University, hosted a free virtual discussion on the work of ALI, entitled “Behind the Curtain at The American Law Institute (ALI): Drafting and Approving Restatements of Law at the ALI and Their Proper Weight in Judicial Decisionmaking.”
- Terry L. Anderson, John and Jean De Nault Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University
- Christopher E. Appel, Of Counsel, Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP
- Matthew L.M. Fletcher, Professor of Law & Director of Indigenous Law & Policy Center, Michigan State University College of Law
- Carolyn Kuhl, Judge, Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Moderator: Trevor N. McFadden, Judge, US District Court for the District of Columbia
From the event page:
The civil justice system in the United States is in a constant state of flux. Changes occur at both the state and federal levels, through both legislative and judicial actions. At the same time, judges face a constant barrage of new and innovative legal theories and procedural maneuvers.
The LEC’s Annual Judicial Symposium on Civil Justice Issues aims to help judges make sense of America’s rapidly changing civil justice environment.
Watch a video recording of the program below (beginning at 32:45).
- “How UChicago’s ‘innovative community’ caught the eye of a top legal scholar” by @UChicagoNews profiles… https://t.co/BN9mf5esRY@AmLawInstSep 20
- American Indian Law Restatement Reporter Matthew LM Fletcher of @MSULaw@ILPCTurtleTalk featured on @acslaw Foundin… https://t.co/mDtmrPA7KJ@AmLawInstSep 17
- Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar @CaSupremeCourt has been named the 10th president of @CarnegieEndow, effective November… https://t.co/h3DS2aUwVc@AmLawInstSep 17
- The summer edition of The ALI Reporter features a Q&A with ALI member Richard G. Feder, highlighting his career and… https://t.co/OYyCQOfBtl@AmLawInstSep 16
- . @UChicagoLaw will host ‘Non-Binding International Agreements: A Comparative Assessment’ on Sept. 23 with… https://t.co/GUDfxwa3gc@AmLawInstSep 15