Civil Justice Fest: Behind the Curtain at ALI
On Wednesday, Nov. 18 at noon (EST), the Law & Economics Center at Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University, hosted a free virtual discussion on the work of ALI, entitled “Behind the Curtain at The American Law Institute (ALI): Drafting and Approving Restatements of Law at the ALI and Their Proper Weight in Judicial Decisionmaking.”
- Terry L. Anderson, John and Jean De Nault Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University
- Christopher E. Appel, Of Counsel, Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP
- Matthew L.M. Fletcher, Professor of Law & Director of Indigenous Law & Policy Center, Michigan State University College of Law
- Carolyn Kuhl, Judge, Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Moderator: Trevor N. McFadden, Judge, US District Court for the District of Columbia
From the event page:
The civil justice system in the United States is in a constant state of flux. Changes occur at both the state and federal levels, through both legislative and judicial actions. At the same time, judges face a constant barrage of new and innovative legal theories and procedural maneuvers.
The LEC’s Annual Judicial Symposium on Civil Justice Issues aims to help judges make sense of America’s rapidly changing civil justice environment.
Watch a video recording of the program below (beginning at 32:45).
- ALI member @DanielSolove of @gwlaw has written “The Eyemonger,” a newly illustrated children’s book that discusses… https://t.co/vX0iK1MoYK@AmLawInstJan 15
- #ICYMI – "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward," is now available on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this timely episode sc… https://t.co/jK7Q4mtF29@AmLawInstJan 15
- Now on #ReasonablySpeaking, "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward." From the new series, #BeyondCOVID, jointly prod… https://t.co/XeLJWgbWiS@AmLawInstJan 14
- Make sure to check out this special edition honoring ALI Council member Diane P. Wood of the U.S. Court of Appeals… https://t.co/0gs41NHlwC@AmLawInstJan 13
- ALI members Sherrilyn Ifill ( @Sifill_LDF) of @NAACP_LDF and Pamela S. Karlan ( @karlan_pam) of @StanfordLaw are amon… https://t.co/HuYOGqECf4@AmLawInstJan 12