Civil Justice Fest: Behind the Curtain at ALI
On Wednesday, Nov. 18 at noon (EST), the Law & Economics Center at Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University, hosted a free virtual discussion on the work of ALI, entitled “Behind the Curtain at The American Law Institute (ALI): Drafting and Approving Restatements of Law at the ALI and Their Proper Weight in Judicial Decisionmaking.”
- Terry L. Anderson, John and Jean De Nault Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University
- Christopher E. Appel, Of Counsel, Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP
- Matthew L.M. Fletcher, Professor of Law & Director of Indigenous Law & Policy Center, Michigan State University College of Law
- Carolyn Kuhl, Judge, Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Moderator: Trevor N. McFadden, Judge, US District Court for the District of Columbia
From the event page:
The civil justice system in the United States is in a constant state of flux. Changes occur at both the state and federal levels, through both legislative and judicial actions. At the same time, judges face a constant barrage of new and innovative legal theories and procedural maneuvers.
The LEC’s Annual Judicial Symposium on Civil Justice Issues aims to help judges make sense of America’s rapidly changing civil justice environment.
Watch a video recording of the program below (beginning at 32:45).
- ALI member @StephenESachs to join the @Harvard_Law faculty as the inaugural Antonin Scalia Professor of Law, effect… https://t.co/bKgb3qa0ZQ@AmLawInstApr 21
- Coming soon to #ReasonablySpeaking: Four veteran ALI Reporters explore what it takes to complete an ALI project, fe… https://t.co/PSVMhU5m1A@AmLawInstApr 21
- Coming soon to #ReasonablySpeaking: Four veteran ALI Reporters explore what it takes to complete an ALI project, fe… https://t.co/2hypb77yaV@AmLawInstApr 21
- The spring edition of 'The ALI Reporter' is now available. Read the full issue: https://t.co/85M2822Cy0@AmLawInstApr 21
- Paul W. Grimm (D. Md.) and Lee H. Rosenthal (S.D. Tex.) will present at the @BolchJudicial CLE coinciding with the… https://t.co/uHDPsK4pdE@AmLawInstApr 20