Clerks at 100 Academic Symposium
The National Constitution Center and The George Washington Law Review hosted a free public symposium on Oct. 4 on the institution of Supreme Court clerkships.
The event was broken down into three topics, “Clerkship Experiences,” “Life After Clerking,” and “Clerkships and the Constitution,” and featured a number of ALI members speaking on their experiences clerking for U.S. Supreme Court justices, past and present.
The following members were in attendance:
Cheryl Ann Krause of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (Justice Kennedy), Leondra R. Kruger of the California Supreme Court (Justice Stevens), Kannon K. Shanmugam of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison (Justice Scalia), Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (Justice Scalia), Diane P. Wood of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (Justice Blackmun), and President and CEO of the National Constitution Center Jeffrey Rosen who moderated the event.
Judge Wood and Judge Sutton were also featured on an episode of We the People, a podcast from the National Constitution center, in coversation with Mr. Rosen, during which they shared how their specific clerkship experiences affected them personally and professionally and shaped their methods of interpreting the Constitution.
View the full list of participants here.
Watch a full video of the symposium below (Courtesy of the National Constitution Center).
- Christopher Drahozal @kuLawschool lays out grounds for vacatur of U.S. Convention awards at today’s… https://t.co/j3o7wFKahG@AmLawInstNov 20
- NY Arbitration Week begins with a program on Restatement of Int’l Commercial and Investor-State Arbitration… https://t.co/KMIjXA61Fg@AmLawInstNov 20
- Children and the Law Reporter Elizabeth Scott of @ColumbiaLaw and Associate Reporter Clare Huntington of… https://t.co/7cQyN5uW9R@AmLawInstNov 18
- Children and the Law Reporter Elizabeth Scott of @ColumbiaLaw and Associate Reporter Clare Huntington of… https://t.co/SHUTQadnPY@AmLawInstNov 18
- ALI member Judge Richard Gergel recently sat down with ALI President David F. Levi of @DukeLaw to discuss his book… https://t.co/xzWDLwDmFP@AmLawInstNov 18