Commission to Reimagine the Future of New York’s Courts
New York State Court of Appeals Chief Judge Janet DiFiore announced the appointment of a new commission charged with examining the enhanced use of technology and online platforms, among other innovations, and making recommendations to improve the delivery and quality of justice services, facilitate access to justice, and better equip the New York State court system to keep pace with society’s rapidly evolving changes.
The Commission to Reimagine the Future of New York’s Courts is chaired by Henry M. Greenberg of Greenberg Traurig and comprises a group of judges, lawyers, academics and technology experts. The Commission will explore regulatory, structural, technological and other innovations, providing short-term recommendations as the courts resume in-person operations while developing a blueprint for the court system of tomorrow.
Additionally, in the short-term, the Commission is to provide recommendations for resuming in-person court operations amid the COVID-19 pandemic. In August, it released its recommendations for restarting in-person grand juries, jury trials, and other related proceedings.
Other ALI members who serve on the Commission include: Paul Shechtman of Bracewell; Michael A. Simons of St. John's University School of Law; and Ari Ezra Waldman of Northeastern University School of Law.
Learn more here.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16