Constitution Day 2020 Lecture with M. Margaret McKeown
M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit delivered the Constitution Day Lecture at Stanford Law School on Sept. 16, 2020.
In the lecture, “My Mother Made Me Do It: How Motherly Advice Secured Ratification of the 19th Amendment and Changed the Course of History,” Judge McKeown discussed the history behind the ratification of the 19th Amendment, including the important role mothers played in swaying the hearts and minds of the opposition.
Watch the full video below [Courtesy of Stanford Law School].
- Sharon Stern Gerstman of Magavern Magavern Grimm has been appointed to the New York State Joint Commission on Publi… https://t.co/t6q3tNc6TC@AmLawInstOct 21
- #TBT Torts was one of the first Restatements completed by ALI. Until now, medical malpractice has never been includ… https://t.co/HTpbxyB8dK@AmLawInstOct 21
- ALI Council meeting begins today with discussion of the Corporate Governance Restatement; discussion led by ALI Cou… https://t.co/f7DxIIlrq7@AmLawInstOct 21
- David Hricik @MercerLAWSchool has been appointed associate dean for faculty research and development.… https://t.co/bcAQBfP5Fk@AmLawInstOct 20
- . @MasonLEC will host ‘Symposium on Novel Liability Theories and the Incentives Driving Them’ Oct. 24 to 26. A numbe… https://t.co/GsZtHmQK8l@AmLawInstOct 19