Darby Dickerson Wins 2018 AALS Section Award
Darby Dickerson of John Marshall Law School has been selected as the winner of the 2018 Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Section Award from the Section on Legal Writing, Reasoning, and Research. The award recognizes individuals who have made significant lifetime contributions to the field of legal research and writing, it has sometimes been referred to as a “Lifetime Achievement Award in Legal Writing Education.”
Dean Dickerson has authored the first four editions of the ALWD Citation Manual: A Professional System of Citation, which was praised for improving the teaching and learning of legal citation in the United States. She also serves on the Executive Committee of the AALS and is a Past Chair of several AALS sections, including the Deans’ Section and the Section on Institutional Advancement. She is also a past ALWD director. For many years she served as Managing Editor of Legal Writing: The Journal of the Legal Writing Institute.
The 2018 Section award will be presented to Dean Dickerson on January 4 at the AALS Annual Meeting in San Diego during the luncheon for the AALS Section on Legal Writing, Reasoning, and Research.
Read more on Legal Writing Professors Blog.
- Registration is open for the Tues. 10/27 @ALI_CLE webcast “Children and the Law: Protecting the Vulnerable in a Tim… https://t.co/Y2cBkn7CsZ@AmLawInstOct 24
- . @ALI_CLE is offering a 10/27 webcast on “Children and the Law: Protecting the Vulnerable in a Time of Crisis," wit… https://t.co/q4D8gNA8LT@AmLawInstOct 23
- #ICYMI – ALI has made Part I, Early In-Person Voting and Open Absentee Voting, of Principles of Election Administra… https://t.co/u5tTQp9ZHD@AmLawInstOct 21
- The fall edition of 'The ALI Reporter' is now available. Read the full issue: https://t.co/bUIv3xaV0Vhttps://t.co/MAl3KDRuyo@AmLawInstOct 20
- Tune in tonight @ 7pm EST for this important conversation featuring ALI members @Nedfoley and @RosenJeffrey in conv… https://t.co/pzi2fQxTPE@AmLawInstOct 19