Dayna Matthew Named Dean of GW Law
Dayna Bowen Matthew of UVA School of Law has been named the next dean of George Washington University Law School, effective July 1. She will be the fifth woman to serve on the UVA Law faculty before becoming dean at a top law school, and the first woman to lead GW Law.
Professor Matthew is a leader in public health who focuses on racial disparities in health care. She is the William L. Matheson and Robert M. Morgenthau Distinguished Professor of Law and the F. Palmer Weber Research Professor of Civil Liberties and Human Rights and serves as a professor of public health sciences and director of The Equity Center at UVA, an institution she helped found to redress racial and socioeconomic inequality in university communities. Prior to UVA Law, Professor Matthew served on the University of Colorado Law faculty as a professor, vice dean, and associate dean of academic affairs. She is the author of the book Just Medicine: A Cure for Racial Inequality in American Health Care, which looks at how implicit bias affects health outcomes.
“Dayna is a pathbreaking scholar on race and public health, and we are so pleased to see her take the visionary leadership she has already shown at UVA to an exciting new level,” UVA Law Dean Risa Goluboff said. “I am also proud of UVA’s legacy as a launching pad for faculty members, particularly women, who go on to serve as leaders in higher education.”
Read more here.
- In an effort to provide election administration officials with information regarding the implementation of proper p… https://t.co/ZHPVw1TvTv@AmLawInstMar 30
- ALI member Melinda Davis Lux joins @ucbi as its executive vice president, general counsel, and corporate secretary.… https://t.co/lGymw03pni@AmLawInstMar 30
- The Spring edition of 'The ALI Reporter' is now available. Read the full issue: https://t.co/qoMRcPTbC4https://t.co/mloYyejK92@AmLawInstMar 27
- On the 'Judgment Calls' podcast listen to @BolchJudicial Institute Director and ALI President David F. Levi in conv… https://t.co/Blx8I1h9fi@AmLawInstMar 27
- Stephen Huefner @OSU_law discusses ensuring fair representation for all voters and voting methods in ALI’s Principl… https://t.co/z0g0HwvRL2@AmLawInstMar 26