Elizabeth Prelogar Is Solicitor General of the United States
The U.S. Senate has voted to confirm Elizabeth B. Prelogar as Solicitor General of the United States. She was previously appointed Acting Solicitor General this year.
Prelogar is the second woman appointed Solicitor General. She served previously as Assistant to the Solicitor General and has argued before the U.S. Supreme Court nine times. In her previous role, she represented the United States in the Supreme Court and helped formulate the federal government’s appellate strategy in courts throughout the country. Prelogar also served as Assistant Special Counsel to Robert S. Mueller III during the Special Counsel investigation. A Harvard Law graduate, she clerked for Attorney General nominee Merrick Brian Garland of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, and later for U.S. Supreme Court Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagan.
Read more here [subscription required].
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20