Elizabeth Stong Receives ABF Fellows Outstanding State Chair Award
Elizabeth S. Stong of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York is the recipient of the 2020 Outstanding State Chair Award from the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation. Judge Stong was presented with the award (along with co-recipient Kenneth G. Standard) at the 64th Annual Fellows Awards Reception and Banquet in February.
The Outstanding State Chair Award is given annually to a Fellows State Chair of the American Bar Foundation (ABF) who has demonstrated dedication to the work of the ABF and the mission of the Fellows through exceptional efforts on behalf of the Fellows at the state level.
Judge Stong is a U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Eastern District of New York. Previously, she was a partner at Willkie Farr & Gallagher, an associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore, and law clerk to U. S. District Judge David Mazzone. Her past positions include President of the Harvard Law School Association, Chair of the NCBJ International Judicial Relations Committee, and Chair of the New York City Bar ADR Committee. She also served on the ABA’s Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Service, Standing Committee on the American Judicial System, Standing Committee on Continuing Legal Education, Commission on Women in the Profession, and Commission on Homelessness and Poverty.
She has trained judges in more than 25 countries on five continents, including Central Europe, North, Central and West Africa, Central Asia, and the Middle East.
Read more here.
- In this video, project Reporters Matthew Fletcher @MSULaw ( @ILPCTurtleTalk) and Kaighn Smith Jr. @DrummondWoodsum p… https://t.co/8yvxwpu24O@AmLawInstMay 22
- “Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation” brings together judges and court adm… https://t.co/TfpRlmYKcx@AmLawInstMay 21
- Coming soon to #ReasonablySpeaking – "Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation.… https://t.co/V94sWaem6L@AmLawInstMay 20
- Congratulations to ALI member A. Benjamin Spencer ( @PROFSPENCER) of @UVALaw on being named the new dean of… https://t.co/326BOQhgc6@AmLawInstMay 20
- . @DukeLaw@DeanKerryAbrams shares her thoughts on how students assisted in the switch to remote learning on… https://t.co/de6DRzlzYl@AmLawInstMay 20